• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] I will literally pay someone to test Dizzyegg's pokeball expansion hack

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Everything else in Dizzyegg's (aka cha cha dinosaur's) Emerald engine upgrade works except for the poke ball expansion. All of the poke balls are added in but they have a nonexistent catch rate. As in, the Pokemon will break free every single time. I have used this engine in the past and the poke balls did work just fine. I have tested it on both my Rom and multiple copies of clean Pokemon Emerald versions and the same issue happens so I am positive at this point that its related to either the version of DevkitARM I'm using (the one linked on the thread is just not there) or something is wrong with the file.

If anyone is willing to try installing this engine on a CLEAN emerald rom and can get results with the poke balls I totally fine with paying them for it. I've asked around everywhere and searched for hours and have gotten pretty much nothing on this issue. If someone has the working files already on their computer or is able to get them working for the poke ball expansion I'd like to send them a copy of my rom and a clean emerald version, have them patch both, and then send it back to me. I will gladly pay someone for their time doing this. We can discuss an amount you think is fair. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • You look like extremely need it just like I need the Cherrim ability changing system very much. Finally I get it by tried to exact it out so many times from three weeks ago.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Yeah I'm pretty desperate at this point. I really want these in my hack and I can't for the life of me figure out why they worked a few months ago and don't anymore

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    I have been implemented the poke ball expansion into a clean rom but all the poke balls aren't working properly. The pokemon always break free from every ball I used.

The following is the clean rom I only implemented the poke ball expansion, feel free to test it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bye17xx4ah1s6tg/test.rar?dl=0

This is basically the issue I'm trying to fix :L I have absolutely no idea what causes or what fixes it so that's why I'm willing to pay someone to either find a working version (basically any old version since I know for a fact it used to work) or give me a reasonable way to fix it.

Years
  • This is basically the issue I'm trying to fix :L I have absolutely no idea what causes or what fixes it so that's why I'm willing to pay someone to either find a working version (basically any old version since I know for a fact it used to work) or give me a reasonable way to fix it.

I think I have a way to help you. Please let me know the exact time that the poke balls are still work fine.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Oh, I'm so sorry! I thought you were using the code that might be buggy. But what I see is the last commit in the code was one year ago.

The follwing thread might help you: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326311

Oh yeah, you're right! Well in that case it's an issue with DevkitARM45 that caused the problem! I guess the thing would be to find the version of that from like 2 or so months ago then. I know for a fact the poke balls work on my other game I even have the rom with them working still

This tutorial is way beyond my understanding of rom hacking though. Honestly I just like balls aesthetically and I'd be fine if they all just had the catch rate of like an ultra ball. How simple is that to implement when the balls are already in the game? I just want to change their catch rate to match an ultra ball's catch rate. I can't really follow whats going on in that tutorial tho

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do you mind to send me the rom that the expanded poke balls are working fine? I try my best to take out all the related hex code and make a patch for you.

Years
  • After installed the Poke balls expansion, you must install Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade to get the new Poke balls to be working.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Oh that makes a lot of sense! the rom I sent you had the battle engine upgrade so im guessing thats why it worked. Dang, thats a bummer

Back