• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The EggLocke Challenge

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I don't think I've ever seen this run here. The rules are simple- You do a normal Nuzlocke, whatever optional rules you usually apply and whatnot, but what's different is you use eggs instead of catches.

0Rules:0​

1. If your Pokemon faints, it dies. You'll need to box or release it.

2. One Pokemon per area, only the first may be caught. If you catch your first encounter, you swap it out for an egg in the PC and hatch the egg. If you don't catch it, no egg either.

3. As an EGGLocke, you'll need a couple boxes filled with eggs. This can be done with trading Eggs, hacking Eggs in, or downloading someone else's save file online. I know roms aren't allowed to be shared, but I'm completely unsure about save files, so I won't be sharing any on here and I advise you don't unless someone says it's defintely ok to do. Cheat in a bunch of Rare Candies(or glitch/trade them in works too), when you hatch a Pokemon you'll use them to level it up to the level of the Pokemon you caught.

Optional clauses/rules:
-Dupes; if your first encounter is a dupes you cant catch it or can catch something else within three more encounters. Or if you hatch a Pokemon you've already used, hatch a different one.
-Different areas; if there is two parts of a Route or different floors on a cave, you can get more encounters, one for each part.
-You can use the starter Pokemon, or switch it for an Egg.
-Instead of Rare Candy up to the encounter's level, you can choose to level them up to the lowest Pokemon's level on your team is.(not counting Hm buddies).

The Challenges are finished whenever you want AFTER you pass the League at least once. Fight AZ or Red if you want to, but make sure Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Ghetsis, Alser, Iris, or Diantha are beaten once. Hacks apply too, but full hacks wont count towards an Ultimate game. For Ultimate, players who are using Kalos games will only need to play BW OR BW2, but players going up to Unova will need to complete one of both BW and BW2 to keep the number of games played the same. Of course you are still welcome to play both. While it says Gen I, only FRLG are acceptable as RBGY did not have breeding and therefor no eggs. I dont know if spin offs like XD or anything have eggs so if you want to do that game and it has eggs then go for it and tell me please and I will add it to the roster.

Spoiler: Challengers-Single

Spoiler: Kanto
None

Spoiler: Johto
None

Spoiler: Hoenn
DyingWillFlareon-Emerald 3/8

Spoiler: Sinnoh
None

Spoiler: Unova
None

Spoiler: Kalos
None

Spoiler: Hacks
None

Spoiler: Challenges-Ultimate

Spoiler: Gen I-V
None

Spoiler: Gen I-VI
None

Username:
Game:
Current Team:

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Emerald
Current Team: Sneasel Lvl 26/Marshtomp Lvl 26/Charmeleon Lvl 26/Dratini Lvl 26/Furret Lvl 26/Pichu Lvl 25

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
I know for a fact sharing Save files is perfectly fine. Sharing roms isn't due to legality issues. In fact, owning a rom is technically illegal, unless you own the IRL variant of the game. A ROM is just a backup copy, which is perfectly legal if you own a physical copy of the game. THAT'S where the legality issue of sharing roms on the forum comes from.

But that legal issue doesn't extend to save files. I'll share links to egglocke savs I know of. I'm working on one of my own, but it's very time consuming to make.

Hardy's Emerald Egglocke. Hardy is a youtuber who did let's plays of various egglockes and offered the sav files he used for download.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgmyyvl4q2s5vhm/Hardys%20Emerald%20Egglocke%20Sav.rar?m=

Hardy's LeafGreen Egglocke. Be wary of this one. The sav file is perfectly safe, but not all the eggs were checked for validity as evidenced in an early episode where he hatched a Skarmory that only knew pound.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sz4r6fzw2ru2zh7

I'm working on a Fire Red save file myself, but I just had a set back and had to start over from scratch. If anyone wants to send me pokemon egg files I can slip in using A-Save, I'd be very grateful, and I would check for validity.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
/r/PokemonROMHacks has a few egglocke files on their community dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/opb8xcv4zrc8tgj/AACQqsDj5WCQtFjDax2_SIRia/Egglocke%20Saves?dl=0
--
I've begun a FireRed run using the above dropbox save for FireRed. Notes below.

Spoiler:

Unfortunately I'm forced to drop this challenge because I hadn't saved in ages and, as it turns out, going into the TM case spouts loads of gibberish and crashes the game. Evidently someone didn't quite hack it cleanly.

It's for the best, honestly. Having a L36 Charizard by Surge wasn't good for the difficulty. I STRONGLY advise anyone attempting this challenge to look up GameShark codes for Instant Egg Catch and use them. I ran back and forth plenty and I was still running a solo game up to Cerulean. There's no challenge in running back and forth forever for eggs to hatch.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Spoiler: cut for space
I know for a fact sharing Save files is perfectly fine. Sharing roms isn't due to legality issues. In fact, owning a rom is technically illegal, unless you own the IRL variant of the game. A ROM is just a backup copy, which is perfectly legal if you own a physical copy of the game. THAT'S where the legality issue of sharing roms on the forum comes from.

But that legal issue doesn't extend to save files. I'll share links to egglocke savs I know of. I'm working on one of my own, but it's very time consuming to make.

Hardy's Emerald Egglocke. Hardy is a youtuber who did let's plays of various egglockes and offered the sav files he used for download.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgmyyvl4q2s5vhm/Hardys%20Emerald%20Egglocke%20Sav.rar?m=

Hardy's LeafGreen Egglocke. Be wary of this one. The sav file is perfectly safe, but not all the eggs were checked for validity as evidenced in an early episode where he hatched a Skarmory that only knew pound.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sz4r6fzw2ru2zh7

I'm working on a Fire Red save file myself, but I just had a set back and had to start over from scratch. If anyone wants to send me pokemon egg files I can slip in using A-Save, I'd be very grateful, and I would check for validity.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I knew about roms being illegal and all so I wasnt completely sure on the saves themselves. Good to know thats clean. ;D Me and my brothers are actually using that LeafGreen save to play together, thanks for that memo. Idk how to make the eggs themselves so unless you feel like giving me an hour long lecture then Ill be sitting over here with my challenge and I hope you get what you want quickly.

Spoiler: cut for space
/r/PokemonROMHacks has a few egglocke files on their community dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/opb8xcv4zrc8tgj/AACQqsDj5WCQtFjDax2_SIRia/Egglocke%20Saves?dl=0
--
I've begun a FireRed run using the above dropbox save for FireRed. Notes below.

Spoiler:

Unfortunately I'm forced to drop this challenge because I hadn't saved in ages and, as it turns out, going into the TM case spouts loads of gibberish and crashes the game. Evidently someone didn't quite hack it cleanly.

It's for the best, honestly. Having a L36 Charizard by Surge wasn't good for the difficulty. I STRONGLY advise anyone attempting this challenge to look up GameShark codes for Instant Egg Catch and use them. I ran back and forth plenty and I was still running a solo game up to Cerulean. There's no challenge in running back and forth forever for eggs to hatch.

Huh, most games Ive seen or played the eggs were already near hatching. A code for quick hatching would be great, I can look one up sometime and add it to the main post. I feel bad that I wasnt feeling well enough to add you before I read this Im sorry. QwQ And Im sorry to hear that, and good luck with whatever else you want to do. ^^

Thank you both for the save files, theyll be helpful for some people Im sure and Im sure Im gunna use them sometime.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I knew about roms being illegal and all so I wasnt completely sure on the saves themselves. Good to know thats clean. ;D Me and my brothers are actually using that LeafGreen save to play together, thanks for that memo. Idk how to make the eggs themselves so unless you feel like giving me an hour long lecture then Ill be sitting over here with my challenge and I hope you get what you want quickly.

Thank you both for the save files, theyll be helpful for some people Im sure and Im sure Im gunna use them sometime.
Look up the program A-Save as it's the program I was using to make mine. It's fairly user-friendly, but I learned to make the save via trial and error, which I still think is the best way to learn. Unfortunately, my laptop crashed a few days ago killing any progress I made so I'm back to square one again. I had most of my hacks and games saved on another computer, but not my save files :/

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Look up the program A-Save as it's the program I was using to make mine. It's fairly user-friendly, but I learned to make the save via trial and error, which I still think is the best way to learn. Unfortunately, my laptop crashed a few days ago killing any progress I made so I'm back to square one again. I had most of my hacks and games saved on another computer, but not my save files :/

Thank you Im gunna have to try that sometime, and im sorry to hear that QwQ

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I heard back from the computer repair shop today. My hard drive crashed. They're replacing the hard drive and attempting to save any files they can.

Hopefully itll be ok after they fix it and you lose nothing right! ^^ And also hopefully youll be able to keep playing in this challenge! :D

I feel bad im only talking in this thread and not really posting on my run haha.. I had to put it on hold due to some other things but it just doesnt feel right. ^^;;;

Back