• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Table file

Years
  • I've been doing a heap of searching and I haven't found a solution.

Several sources say that I can make a table file just by replacing .txt with .tbl, which I have done. However, it doesn't turn it into a table file. It remains a text document. Neither of the two hex editors I managed to get working will recognise it as a table file.

I have placed the ROM, the text document and the hex editor in the same folder. The rom and the table text document have the same title apart from the file extensions. Apparently we're supposed to do this? But it hasn't worked.

Can anybody help? Thanx.

EDIT: If I can't fix it is there anywhere to get the table file directly, without having to create one?

Last edited:

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    i *think* i might know why...

did you save it as a .txt file first and then rename it to a .tbl file afterwards?
    because i think windows will ALWAYS recognise it as a .txt file it if you do it that way, because of file associations (i think anway)...

what you'll probably have to do is open it up in notepad and click "save as" then save it as whatever.tbl, should work properly assuming the table file is correct and everything, if you still have a problem just reply back or something...

Years
  • Well, I got it off the FAQ. So it already came as a notepad file. Then I used 'save as' to rename it, but this hasn't worked.

EDIT: Wait... I'll try copying it into a new unsaved notepad file....

EDIT2: That.... seems to have worked. I wonder how it worked for that one and not....hmm.... O_O Never mind. Thank you Black_Phantom! :D

Back