• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] turn off PC healing?

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019
    woe is me, yet another problem.

im having trouble finding the script that deals with healing pokemon that are inside the pc (sent or deposit)

I want it to make it so that players can't put their fainted and or injured pokemon and get them healed
    .. kind of a nuzlocke situation i guess.

my contingency plan rn is upon touching the pc fainted pokemon get deleted .. but that still leaves injured pokemon free to get healed inside the pc :v

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I reckon it's both of the heal calls in PScreen_PokemonStorage (in pbPlace and pbSwap).

EDIT: It would be really cool if you could share your changes once you've got everything working.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019
    I reckon it's both of the heal calls in PScreen_PokemonStorage (in pbPlace and pbSwap).

EDIT: It would be really cool if you could share your changes once you've got everything working.

i'll look again, because i couldve swear i already looked there.
    and i'd be happy to .. tho im sure it would be pretty rough.
    im new so im kinda just tinkering with stuff ,flying by the seat of my pants XD
    bunch of trial and error and getting help

..you looking for something specific?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019

okay now i feel dumbm they were there.
    tho now remember, I found them earlier but i could've swear i # em before with no results
    but i work this time : / (maybe i only commented one before)

.. butt yeah, it work this time. THANKS XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    and i'd be happy to .. tho im sure it would be pretty rough.
    im new so im kinda just tinkering with stuff ,flying by the seat of my pants XD
    bunch of trial and error and getting help

..you looking for something specific?
    Nothing in particular.

In the back of my mind I have the idea of building a system to simplify the process of sharing and incorporating these kinds of changes to Essentials, but so far I've only bothered to automate the production of diffs (e.g. this one). In my case it's actually much easier to build this out of a Scripts.rxdata (or even better, a pair—one without the changes, and one with), but I could do it off a description of changes in a pinch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019
    Nothing in particular.

In the back of my mind I have the idea of building a system to simplify the process of sharing and incorporating these kinds of changes to Essentials, but so far I've only bothered to automate the production of diffs (e.g. this one). In my case it's actually much easier to build this out of a Scripts.rxdata (or even better, a pair—one without the changes, and one with), but I could do it off a description of changes in a pinch.

see, that is well beyond me XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    see, that is well beyond me XD

Ah, I'll do all the work extracting the Nuzlocke (..?) specific changes out of your Scripts.rxdata, I'd just need you to share the file when you're happy with your changes. But it's up to you, so don't worry if you're not up for that :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019
    Ah, I'll do all the work extracting the Nuzlocke (..?) specific changes out of your Scripts.rxdata, I'd just need you to share the file when you're happy with your changes. But it's up to you, so don't worry if you're not up for that :)

i dont why there would be a problem with that.
    .. if you can make sense of frankenstein scrip im currently making XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019
    okay now i feel dumbm they were there.
    tho now remember, I found them earlier but i could've swear i # em before with no results
    but i work this time : / (maybe i only commented one before)

.. butt yeah, it work this time. THANKS XD

now its not working for some reason xP

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019

moving them from box to pary does not but using withdrawing, pokemon both fainted and injured get 100% health and i havnt been able to find that call to .heal

EDIT: after # another heal call (pokemon_storage) now it looks like it works (key word "look" im test runing it to no end)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    moving them from box to pary does not but using withdrawing, pokemon both fainted and injured get 100% health and i havnt been able to find that call to .heal

Oh yeah! That's a different function... So pbWithdraw calls @storage.pbMove, that eventually ends up calling pbCopy in Pokemon_Storage, and it does indeed contain a call to heal (and there's a second call to heal in that file too). Be careful though, IIRC catching wild Pokémon also goes through this file (but maybe not those functions?), and so you should probably make sure that they still get full-healed when caught (assuming that's what you want).

EDIT: You found it yourself, awesome! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2019
    Oh yeah! That's a different function... So pbWithdraw calls @storage.pbMove, that eventually ends up calling pbCopy in Pokemon_Storage, and it does indeed contain a call to heal (and there's a second call to heal in that file too). Be careful though, IIRC catching wild Pokémon also goes through this file (but maybe not those functions?), and so you should probably make sure that they still get full-healed when caught (assuming that's what you want).

EDIT: You found it yourself, awesome! :D

man, for my first try at pokemon essentials i went TOO ambitious XD

yes althought i didnt even find (understand) the call in pbWithdraw,
    i shut it off from pokemon_storage.
    since i didnt touch the second call, pokemon caught do get healed.

as far as i know rn; fainted pokemon dont get healed neither by the nurse nor the pc
    and the only way to heal injured pkmn is too use the nurse.

thanks again btw

Last edited:
    Back