• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to get better control over npc movement(with scripts)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2018
    So simply put, to be able to tell my story better, I would like to have better control over npc movement. For example, I'd want have dialogue→choice→player set path→npc set path→move a sprite→npc set path→dialogue. And to make this happen in more than one instance, for more than one npc in the same map seems a bit complicated without using something like scripts, if I only knew how.

Now, I had to use a French version of RPGMXP, so I might call stuff differently. Anyway, using "set move route(?)" , I can only move the player. If someone can teach me how to move and turn npcs directly and reliably using scripts or something like that, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Years
  • If you open this very same command (set move route), you can click on 'player' and there you can choose who to move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2018
    Well I know that much. After some more experimenting I managed to get the npc moving, but it triggers automatically even though it's hidden behind dialogue and a choice... Here's a screenshot of the event thing(what to call it?) https://i.imgur.com/50Eed0y.png

Back