• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Giveaway] Anyone want a Safari Ball Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastypk

Baku.
Years
  • I happened to have obtained a 1 in 1000 chance Safari Ball from the Cramomatic machine a month or so ago, and I didn't know who to use it on... but I figured out who! A Ditto! This way, I can make any breedable Pokemon have a Safari Ball!

I figured this would be a fun thing to do; if anyone wants a Safari Ball Pokemon, I'm game to make a few! I know some people like to collect these...

Toastypk

Baku.
    Years
  • As far as I know ditto's ball has no influence on the offspring's ball in gen 8.

Edit: This chart covers it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5gvlat/found_this_pokeball_inheritance_chart_online/

...um...
    This is something I didn't know about. I made an Aggron as a result of breeding, and I made sure he was in a Heavy Ball, and all the Arons definately were.
    In fact I just tried my Safari Ditto with a Popplio, and... it didn't work.
    ...I got it all wrong. Did I waste a Safari Ball then? I thought I could make more. ><

Years
  • Since your intent seems to have been to produce lots of Safari Ball offspring, yes it is a bit of a waste. You can't get any additional ditto's through breeding as it cannot breed with itself. It can breed with any Pokémon other than the Pokémon in the Undiscovered group and itself. The undiscovered group is mainly baby pokemon and legendaries: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/egg/noeggs.shtml

For any other mon that breeds with ditto, if they are in a special ball (heavy ball, safari ball, fast ball etc.), the child will inherit the ball of that parent.

I'd recomend keeping the ditto though, otherwise the safari ball will truly have been wasted (if you were to release it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back