• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Issue with adding new moves into Emerald

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    I added new moves into Emerald via PGE's Attack Adder - not sure if that has anything to do with this issue, but go figure -, and when I go to edit Pokémon's level-up moves, they look like this:
    unknown.png

However, they aren't actually like that in the game; Torchic starts out with Growl and Scratch, as they should, and as they level up they learn Focus Energy, Ember, etc.; it's just the tools like HMA or Gen3Tools that read the moves wrong.
    Is there any way to fix this? Alternatively, if I were to repoint the data and make new level-up movesets, would they work? Should I just restart given that I used PGE?
    Thank you very much.

Edit: Thought I'd add - apparently the former locations of every Pokémon's level up moves are now Free Space? I checked 0x32469A (Torchic's level-up moves) and all of it is now FF. As for if changing the level-up moveset with HMA would have any result, it turns out it just gets rid of all of Torchic's moves, forcing it to use Struggle.

Edit 2: It's fixed now; had something to do with changing the .TOML file to recognise the new format for moves.

Last edited:
    Back