• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Utilizing Firered Area Images (like in viridian forest)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    First of all to avoid confusion i mean these. I was just curious as to any current research on area images, as well as any possibility of using this system in my own hack. Do we know how these are triggered? Is it possible to change the images? 16 or 256 color palette? How do I link them to a specific map?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I found a starting point in this endeavor and I will post results soon. This appears to be the only thread on the matter thus far.

EDIT 2: The post above tells you how to change associations. Currently working on decompressing images and repointing the table. Wish me luck.

EDIT 3: Figured it out. Or at least, having up to 28 area images. Haven't figured out the repointing part yet. Tutorial coming out soon.

Last edited:
    Back