• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Testing changes question

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2019
    I just started playing with PGE and some other the tools (Advance Map, XSE) a few days ago so this is all very new to me. My preferred method for learning is to make a couple small changes, jump in the game and see those changes, jump back out, make some more changes, etc. It's been great for just playing around with the different tools and seeing how they work.

The problem I'm running into however, is every time I make a change to the rom, I have to restart the game and go through the whole intro sequence again before I can then get to the point to see any changes. Any saves made with an older 'version' of the hacked rom won't load the new changes, but rather the version the save file was made on (thus I have to start the game over for each change I want to see). Is there a way to save the state sometime past the intro so I don't have to go through it every time I make a change?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2022
    What you may want to try is use "Import Battery" to import the save file you want once you're on the new rom hack version and then reset the game. Then you try to access the save file in-game.

Another method you might want to try is use a save state from the old version of the rom with the new version and then attempt to save to have it in a format that should be compatible with the new version.

I hope that helps!

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2019
    Thank you! Turns out (I believe..) since the changes I was making were on the same map that I was creating save states on, the changes didn't appear until I left the map and came back. Either way, your suggested prompted me to figure that out so thank you!

Back