• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tycoon (Safari Zone Tycoon?)

Years
Anyone ever played zoo tycoon? This is kind of pokemon-meets-zoo-tycoon. Not exactly the same but you get the idea. Someone on the Zoo Tycoon 2 forums posted about an idea kind of like this, so it isn't completely original, just thought I'd post it. Didn't look to see if anyone else has posted this before so if they have go ahead and delete.

Story: You are aspiring to be a pokemon breeder. You've recently purchased a small plot of land on which to raise other trainers' pokemon. Eventually you work your way up the ranks to Master Breeder or even Legendary Breeder.

Details: You're on a small plot in the middle of nowhere so the trainers who ask for your services aren't exactly the exotic types. You'll be starting out with ones like Hoothoot and Rattata. Successful breeding will be determined by how happy you can make the pokemon, how impatient the trainer is (how fast he comes back for it), if the trainer provided a Ditto or something compatible with the pokemon he wants bred, etc. Occasionally a trainer will abandon a pokemon into your care, at which point you can keep it for breeding or for overcoming challenges (the fence broke, a wild pokemon attaked the ones you're breeding, etc).

Just a rough idea of how the game might be. Comments?

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
It seems fairly okay. I'd post more but it's half one and I've got quite the headache.

Years
lol. I appriciate it. It's actually more of a sub-quest that will eventually be in the pokemon game i'm going to make. I decided to make one from scratch using Sphere rather than rom-hacking, though so far all i've managed to do is confuse myself. >.<

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Seems quite a good idea, i love playing Zoo Tycoon, you should allow people to visit the zoo so you can earn more money for food for the pokemon.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
This sounds like a good idea. You could enroll some people who have past experience programming games from scratch, so you have a whole team of guys working on it. To polish ideas etc.

Years
I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to making games that I understand the workings of, let alone this kind of thing where I'd have to design it too. If someone wants to use this idea it would be fine by me, but I'm not going to try to make this one until the other is finished.

Back