• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BE honest about pkmn

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2003
    I am new to this forum, but I am a junior in high school and some may see that as pathetic that I havent been able to let Pokemon go since I got into it about five years ago. Pokemon gives me an escape from the everyday world that is so violent and quick, Pokemon lets me be a little kid again and I just love the skin I am in when I am around it...I just want to know if any of you feel the same and if you would just tell us your sincere feelings of Pokemon.

Also, of what I've seen on this forum it is quite possibly the best Pokemon/anime forum I've ever seen and I would like to try to get to know some of you so that I can keep coming back.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hey! I'm a junior in high school too...

I really don't know what it is about pokemon that makes me like it, but I believe it may be its versatility, how people of all genders and ages can enjoy different aspects of the game. there are many different aspects to the pokemon games and every fan of the series has their personal fave (mine is the concept of pokemon battles) and everyone has their own fave pokemon as well (mine is Crobat *points to av*)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2003
    Yeah, I love the battles and the utopian world...A perfect society that would just be the best to eist in. My fav pkmn is gyardos

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • um like i like it cuz it helps escape popularity and all that other stuff at school ....... and im a freshman does that count??

Timbjerr

Years
  • sgtpepper00987 said:
    Yeah, I love the battles and the utopian world...A perfect society that would just be the best to exist in.
    yeah, I love the imaginary worlds the games offer me to explore (to be honest, the geography of the new region is the first thing I study when a new pok?mon game comes out)

Timbjerr

Years
  • I make pok?mon references when talking to my friends, but they play it off as if I'm joking or something. They picked on me in 7th grade for knowing a lot about pok?mon (i.e. I had the first 150 pokemon and their pokedex number memorized), and called me the "Pok?mon Guru" every once in a while, they "lovingly" refer to me as pokemon guru...

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • Yea, I'm a Junior in high school (yea, me too :p) and I must admit, I like Pok?mon, since it keeps my inner child nice and active... I've always loved cartoons, even to this day... It's just one of those things that I can't let go of at all...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • now i feel so old... i'm in high school :( but at least i know a few ppl here who is even older than me :)

i really like Pokemon. Really really do. I never openly tell my friends about it, but if we suddenly move to a topic about Pokemon, then i'll defend the Pokemon side. (and in order to make it so i am only neutral for Pokemon, i defend all types of anime and tv show, be it teletubbies or beyblade...) Also it's one of the best multiplayer game around. Did i mention that it's the only multiplayer game except for DDR that doesnt' involve "killing" but only "fainting?" Plus it's also not violent, like some stupid arcade games "let's go grab a chain saw and kill people! yeah!" Some games are just mass killing or do other evil deeds like Vicecity to name a few (sorry Vicecity fans...). Just because it's not doing "bad stuff" doesn't mean it's not complicated and interesting like other games. Try to explain DV IV system to a high school student and most likely they won't understand and just say "whatever... who cares about your 'simple and childish game'. I can beat it so easily" And speaking "difficulty" of the game, Pokemon is twice more difficult than RPGs like Final Fantasy anyday...

The anime is also one of the few animes not about a bunch of evil doers coming out to destroy the world, and you "destroy" them in return in order to restore peace (like war... "we must win this war to end the wars"). It's an utopia in Pokemon where a lot of people are good, and the "evil" people will change to good later. If only i can live in a world like that... (did i mention there's like no school in Pokemon? :p )

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Omg , I will never ever tell my friends , Id lose everything ......... I wouldnt be able to play DDR , Or talk to my friends , be popular , i wouldnt be able to wear fashions ....... i wouldnt even be able to be in tan house ......... WAhhhhhh , oh well they'll never kno lol

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Ok, we get the idea you're popular, you don't have to keep reminding everybody.

I am a bit ashamed of liking it, but that's why I like to visit the forums. My favorite aspect of the the Pokemon fandom is drawing and writing about them and making up my own Pokemon/moves/land/etc. I also like the game but not as much since I still don't understand everything about it (I know about DV's but I don't know how to find out what they are). The game is very customable. You can choose your gender (in the later games) and name yourself and your rival (I wish you could do that in RS). I love giving my rival degrading names, like "The A$$" and "B*TCH". Makes the dialogue quite enjoyable. But everything about the game is customized. You choose your own starter and your own team, and you can nickname them, and since no Pokemon have the same stats and gender varies on most of them, that team is purely yours. And with personalities and contests, Pokemon has an even more "your own" feel. And the game has a ton of strategy, especially in RS where the strategy is even more intense with 2 on 2 battles and abilities.

But most importantly, I just like the Pokemon. Since there's so many, there's a lot to choose from and you're likely to have many favorites. Soemtimes it's hard to pick one favorite. And most of them look cool :D.

I'm 19... that makes me pretty old for liking it. But who says Pokemon is a kiddie fandom? Just because Pikachu and other cutesy Pokemon always get products made of them, people assume that that's all Pokemon is... cutesy critters with annoyingly high pitched voices. But these poor souls have no idea this amazing craze runs much deeper than that...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2003
    This makes me feel much more comfortable, I mean I would never just up and stop liking it b/c I've been so into it for such a long time, but I ws getting leary of being almost 17 and playing the game and wanting to watch the new eps....In some ways that still makes me a geek no matter how many ppl out there are like me, but I really dont care now b/c I see that you guys get into it to keep you "inner child' alive as well. Just the Idea of escaping and being in another world should appeal to everyone b/c if you stay in this world for too long then that's when your mind truly becomes warped.

Thanks for the response, I really like it here...If any of you could post a section about the new eps every week that would be really cool b/c I have no way of seeing them, thanks.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Im in eighth grade and iv liked Pokemon ever since it came out! if my friends new i still liked Pokemon, they make fun of me so i lie! i kinda let go of Pokemon for a few months last year cause it wasnt "in" anymore, but hey once you like it you just cant let go i guess! :D

Years
  • I dont really know when PKMN came out near me, but like a couple months after the Red and Blues games came out I was watching an episode and liked it! I was like in 2 grade. Everyone at my old school knows that me and my friends like it, so were made fun of, but thats there problem! and now at my new school, i think they now I like it. ^_^ Im gonna like PKMN for my entire life!

Fire Master

Fire Pokemon Master (FPM)
    Years
  • In my old school, some people liked pokemon and i did too so it was okay. I am in a new school now and knowone likes pokemon.

Yes the world of pokemon is amazing. It is long. Also learing about types and DV's and stuff takes time to learn. Finaly my mom found out it was good becasue she saw my bro reading the cards and stuff to pokemon he did not even know!

BTW, my fav pokemon is all the fire pokemon and the cute pokemon too!

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • im in senior high school. im 16 years old. i get teased like heck for liking pokemon, but i can deal with that. people liked pokemon wen it was a craze and only the true fans have stuck with it. i am one, so are most people here....

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • on my last year in this high school... i'll so put "i actually really love Pokemon" in my yearbook entry... since it'll be close to the end of school anyway, it doesn't matter for me to tell everyone, as we'll all seperate into our own ways after gr12...

either way, may Pokemon last eternal...

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
  • If your friends would abandon you just for liking Pokemon, Dizzy, then they're probably not true friends.

Anyway, I love Pokemon. A lot of it is for all the nostalgia it brings me. Number one though, is I just love the Pokemon world. All the varied landscapes and cities and all the Pokemon. It's fun to make up the mythology of the world and fill in the blanks about customs, etc. Fanfics are so fun to write based on Pokemon games, because there's so much that we don't know about the life of the people in the Pokeworld.

Plus, the game is fun, the anime (well, Kanto and Hoenn at least) is enjoyable, and the little critters are awesome ^_^

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • they are my true friends , we've been friends since we were little i cant let sum silly little kids show get in the way of our friendship

The game is a different story

Back