• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tangrowth Deck OverView

!MajesticSmeargle!

Let's Seperate Our Worlds
Years
  • Well, most people don't have many ideas for a deck, but this is one of the harder decks to use in the format. So I'm here to give people a idea on how this deck works.

Pokemon:22
    4-4 Tangrowth (StormFront)
    2-1-2 Sceptile (Great Encounters)
    2-2 Claydol (Great Encounters)
    2-2 Shaymin (Great Encounters)
    1 Uxie (Legends Awaken)

Trainers: 27
    4 Bebe's Search
    3 Roseanne's Research
    2 Night Maintenance
    1 Luxury ball
    4 Poke Drawer
    4 Poke Healer
    2 Warp Point
    2 Rare Candy
    2 level Max
    2 Dawn Stadium
    1 Broken Time Space

Energy: 11
    9 Grass
    2 Call Energy (Majestic Dawn)

Basically the strategy for Tangrowth is to do some heavy damage to the active pokemon and snipe the bench for 20 damage to two pokemon at a time.

If most of you have seen Tangrowth, you know that it takes 4 energy to use it's second attack (Reaching Vine) 2 Grass and 2 colorless. That problem can be solved with Sceptile (Great Encounters) poke-body, which states that "Each Grass energy on your grass pokemon provides 2 Grass energy". Which is awesome because you just need 2 grass energy to use it's Reaching Vine attack.

Another thing that makes this deck hard to take down is it's ability to heal itself. Tangrowth's poke-body states "Remove 1 damage counter from Tangrowth between turns" which is very helpful in other some situations. When playing 2 Poke-healers at the same time you remove 8 damage counters from the active pokemon, which is good for urgent situations. And with Dawn stadium you are allowed to remove 1 damage counter and special conditions when you attach a energy to your Grass/Water pokemon.
    So basically your removing up to 110 damage on certain occasions.

And last is Shaymin lv.X. No it's not meant to be a attacker, it sits on the bench to boost tangrowth's HP making it even harder to take down. Shaymin adds 40 HP to all grass pokemon excluding Shaymin. Giving Tangrowth a wopping 150 HP. Pretty good in my opinion.

So that's just a basic outline, I'm pretty sure that there are better Tangrowth list out there than mine, but so far my list has gone.

8-4

It's not very good against SP decks like Legos, Dialga G, and Luxape. But it is pretty good against everything else.

That's my rant about Tangrowth thanks for reading. XD

Back