• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Colosseum/XD: Short Theory

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
  • This theory is probably not one to be able to work off of, but it just came to mind.

I've seen threads (like this one: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312413) claim that Michael is the son of some rather unlikely characters, like Ein or Eldes. I can see some connections, but they'd probably be very few and far between. What I would like to suggest on the other hand is something that may raise some eyebrows... or not, seeing as a lot of people have already thought of this.

Any-Hoothoot, what I would like to propose is that Michael is the son of Colosseum protagonist, Wes.

Dun dun DUUUUUNNNNN

I would like to support this claim with one minor point and one major point from XD.

Minor: The Eevee that Michael starts every adventure with, as stated in the Pokemon summary, was said to be obtained by Michael's dad. It is never explicitly explained as to who Michael's father is, but the connection with this is the fact that Wes has an Espeon and an Umbreon, two evolutions of Eevee, as the story of Colosseum begins.

Major: When Michael rescues Professor Krane from the Shadow Pokemon Laboratory and returns to the HQ Lab, the Purify Chamber has been completed, and Krane says (and I'm totally paraphrasing here): "Your father and I started this project five years ago. We started it when we were moved by the 'Shadow incident'." Lily also says, "After your father passed away, Professor Krane and I carried on with his studies. If he were here to see this, I'm sure that your father would be happy and proud." So from this, we can only assume that Wes, in the interim of the ending of Colosseum and the beginning of XD, became a researcher in the field of Shadow Pokemon Purification, and carried on research, eventually finding the Pokemon HQ Lab, meeting Professor Krane and Lily. But what happens with Michael? We really don't have any other information, and five years is way too short for the boy to be adventuring out and stopping a criminal organization... So Wes must've had a kid earlier on, even before the story of Colosseum, when he was a member of Team Snagem, meaning Wes probably passed on well before the events of XD began.

That's really the end of this theory, unless someone else has some working evidence to support this.

(MODS: If this is the wrong place to put theory discussions, I couldn't find any other viably sound place to put this discussion! Sorry in advance!)

Years
  • If I remember correctly Gale of Darkness takes place five years after the events of Colosseum, so it wouldn't be possible for Michael to be the son of Wes.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • If I remember correctly Gale of Darkness takes place five years after the events of Colosseum, so it wouldn't be possible for Michael to be the son of Wes.

I already know this... I stated:

...five years is way too short for the boy to be adventuring out and stopping a criminal organization...

Directly afterwards I stated this:

...Wes must've had a kid earlier on, even before the story of Colosseum, when he was a member of Team Snagem, meaning Wes probably passed on well before the events of XD began.

At least if the major connection isn't something to go off of, then the minor connection has at least some fruit to bear, no?

Back