• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which girl do you think will be perfect for Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Years
  • Now, I'm no shipper, so don't hate me, :P, but I don't think Ash needs a girl at all. I mean, if you think about it way down, he's still 10, no matter how old the Anime is. We haven't seen physical growing up, so he's still relatively 10. :P Give him a few more years, and they we'll see something happening. ;)

lucious_dia

Diamond in the Rough
    Years
  • First, I would like to say that I'm a fan of the AdvanceShipper. I really like this couple, but I guess I'll spread my opinions here.

Misty/Ash: To first start off, I totally love Misty. She is one of my favorite characters in the series. I have nothing against her. But, 4Kids really started something about the Ash/Misty hints when they were together, I don't think they would finish it, unless they can turn some things around and make it alright. The Japanese version hints nothing at all, so this couple may not really happen. As a matter of fact, it won't happen. At first, Ash thought of Misty as a pain in the back, or annoying (the 'you broke my bike' quote), but they grew to be good friends. Yes, there is the whole list of proves, but the PokeShippers should be more insightful and try to open their eyes a bit. When Misty left in the end of the Johto journeys, she even admitted that the bike was just an excuse to be his friend. And the comments of Maiden's Peak and others are totally locked. Misty is nice, her temper is what makes her different, and she is the tomboy type. Face it, Satoshi and Kasumi won't pass through friendship. Yes, as said, they are really close and everything, and Ash is really protective and stuff, but what kind of guy friend would he be if he didn't? When guys tend to be reallly close to having a girl for a friend, they care and will always be there for them. Kind of like some brother/sister thing, but I don't mean it literally, just an example, even though Ash did say that he thinks of Misty as a sister, I think, since I kind of remembered him saying it. W/E. That goes with the brief appearance of the Hoenn episode of Togepi. 'Mandy', not to offend you but that doesn't really prove anything. Ash was protective, but not overly protective, he yells at the colonel cuz...come on...is his personality. Don't you notice he yells at everyone who steals a Pokemon and/or something bad? And when he broke the barrier with Misty, that is just working together, doesn't prove anything. And about the Thunder, the whole episode was a big event, so why would he not use it? It was needed anayway. And about the whole Illumise/Volbeat episode, at what May is hinting at is probably not Ash and Misty at all, but the two trainers. About the thing of old friends can still fall in love, I don't think the creators meant something. It was proper for that episode. Sfter all, the two trainers get together in the end. But this doesn't really mean anything. Only PokeShippers I think made it look their way again. And not once did I see May looking at them like if she knows something. So this one basically is nothing, I could be proven wrong though.

Misty is the best female character I first saw, and I still like her, and will wait for more cameos. I wouldn't even mind them being a couple, as long as Ash has somebody. She is a nice girl and everything, but you need something really hard core to back it up. Let's just hope that the two companies can work this out. We might never know after all...

Ash: He is the main boy in each girl's hearts, the one that is in each pair. Though, I personally love him! That's far from what I'm trying to prove though. About love, Ash can be...a bit clueless...yes...but he will probably grow up in some way. After all, the proper age in the Japanese version is that he's 14, or at least how much I know, already a teen, so he has to grow on the love field. I won't expect much, but we need to see in one episode how he confronts it now. Him being immature and too young to understand is an understatement. The Ash that we knew in season 1 and others is over, he has matured more and is better than the trainer he was when he first started. He can certainly learn about other things. Everyone's right about him being focused on Pokemon, battles, and to follow his dream, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have at least something else on his mind. There are other traits, and trainers do have lives other than stuck on Pokemon all the time. There is always room for some love. About him and Misty, really, he just thinks of her as a friend. Besides, it is Misty that 4Kids proved to have more interest. There is also the fact of what they say that he has become a mentor to most trainers. He may be very perservant, but he still has a lot of things to consider like friends and family. But there is the point that he really don't have his mind on girls right now, but is there some fact that proves this that I missed? I mean, he isn't Brock either.

May: I really hate the way some PokeShippers speak of her. Is just the fact that she's replacing Misty and to start something new that is a part of the reason why must of us don't like her. I love her, and is probably my favorite next to Misty. She is very charismatic and nice, and there is more the depth to her personality that we could explore. As for her and Ash, I totally believe in it and hope it happens, but I won't take it so high, no matter how much I like this couple. Of course, Ash is kind of like May's mentor and she's the student, but there isn't a law that says that it can't be more. In fact, I have seen some hints, small, but still there. And I read that in the coming episodes in the US will have a few hints also. I don't know whether to believe this, but I'll just wait and see. Other than that, hail AdvanceShipping! May and Ash are close friends, and they really get along great, even though Ash spend more time with Misty. (Five seasons) There is still much to expect though, and there really isn't prove that I noticed that the relationship could be a brother/sister type. But unless Ash gets more interested on this, it won't really go very far, and I really doubt Pokemon would turn into some romance thing. And May, like Ash, is also focused on her contests, just not as much. She lightens up at least. They have some similarities, key word being 'some', but there's the whole thing of opposites attract. Yet, I have faith.

And I'm going to say the infamous they look cute together. I don't know, but is this feeling and aura that says 'MATCH'. For fun...the clothes kind of have the same style.

Drew: I really don't think May thinks of him as nothing but a rival. It's like Ash/Gary. And there isn't really anything proving this either.

Melody: Okay, she openly flirted with him and stuff, but it was probably just to make Misty a bit PO'd. And she's only a movie character, unless there is some cameo. People will put these as prove also, but I think Misty has grown more closer to Ash than he to her. And about her crying, who wouldn't after seeing somebody that you cared for jumped of a cliff without any hesitation is pretty scary. And as said, girls act weird like that with guy friends. I sure do. I have alot, and I just get a bit feisty when it happens. Don't know why...

Latias: Like melody, some movie thing. She isn't human, and she just to took the shape of that girl that she admires. And she is a Pokemon, enough said....

Other: Well, there have been some girls that Ash met, but he really don't see them as nothing but companions or new friends that he'll only spend hours or a day with.

Any other thing, I just hope that everyone find somebody, even Brock. He seriously need some deep relationship, but it hasn't gone a far as that girl that loves him with green or blue hair. Don't remember her name. And for Ash, as long as he has someone, I'm open to any couple, even if I am a AdvanceShipper.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • Ash and Misty forever! Why? Many MANY reasons, and I'll state only a few of them now.

Misty: So many Advanceshippers say "0h, I like May, cuz she's prettier than Misty, so she should be with Ash..." Not all advanceshippers say this (so don't count this as sterotyping) but most of the ones I've seen that post say this, and I'm sick of so many people bashing Misty just because May is supposedly "prettier"!
    Secondly, she's had far more "shippy" hints with Ash, while I think Ash and May's relationship is more of a brother protecting sister, and that same idea can't be assumed the same for Ash and Misty, because you've seen Misty get jealous of other girls and confess her love through different ways. With Ash and May, the hints are more of a 'brothery' and 'sisterly' love issue.
    So, Misty is the best girl for Ash! :)

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • As stated a thousand times before. Those shippy hints with Sato x Kasu are mainly 4Kids add-ons. Most of them didn't exist in the Japanese version.

Years
  • Just a thought, why are you all talking about the Japanese eps when it comes to this? It may be the original but it's not the only version to talk about shipping for, is it?
    There are many versions that you could talk about not just the Japanese versions...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • As stated a thousand times before. Those shippy hints with Sato x Kasu are mainly 4Kids add-ons. Most of them didn't exist in the Japanese version.
    I watch Japanese episodes sometimes and I see PokeShipping hints. (coughyouaresuchacriticcough)
    And remember what 4kids took out of the second movie, that was more than a hint.

Years
  • And remember what 4kids took out of the second movie, that was more than a hint.
    Remember what 4kids added in the Jirachi movie. And GCYL.

But, I won't go as far to say that every Pokeshipping hint is dub added (even though I don't watch the original). Because, well... That just doesn't sound right. =/

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Why mention the Japanese version, you ask? Cause it's the FIRST version. The original. Any other version that comes out came out after the Japanese version. Anything that isn't similar to the Japanese version was NOT done by the creators and writers of the anime. 4Kids, for example, does absolutely no work for the story, yet they feel they need to add in hints. Why? Why go out of your way to change something that was never there to begin with?

Regarding "shipping" in the Japanese version, going nuts over someone asking if you're together with someone is a COMMON THING that occurs even in real life. It's embarassing when people assume something is going on and can become annoying, hence why Satoshi or Kasumi spaz out when someone mentions anything. Not to mention, Satoshi is ABSOLUTELY DENSE WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE. He couldn't possibly give any hints of attraction to someone if he's completely unaware of the concept itself.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Not to mention, Satoshi is ABSOLUTELY DENSE WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE. He couldn't possibly give any hints of attraction to someone if he's completely unaware of the concept itself.
    Are you insane? He loves Misty, maybe it's not attraction but we all saw him blush all those times.
    Even I think it's brother/sister love but I'm still a PokeShipper.
    BTW, aren't you that big crabby guy I hear about from Serebii?
    Oh, Katana girl, I dont want to fight with you because it'd be doing something I've already done. You dont know this but I argued with you before.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I think Misty.

May's a bit too young and na?ve, and basically I don't feel like explaining other Ashx[female here] shippings. XD Also May's too whingy and stuff...

Misty's more into _Pok?mon battling_ and Ash and her have been exploring the world together since the very day [or two days?] Ash started his journey. And they bicker like old people, they... just... belong together. XD

Yay Pok?shipping. XP

filisek

Part of Haruka?s heart ;)
    Years
  • Dark_Pikachu said:
    I think Misty.

May's a bit too young and na?ve, and basically I don't feel like explaining other Ashx[female here] shippings. XD Also May's too whingy and stuff...

Misty's more into _Pok?mon battling_ and Ash and her have been exploring the world together since the very day [or two days?] Ash started his journey. And they bicker like old people, they... just... belong together. XD

Yay Pok?shipping. XP
    I agree,Misty is best for him.She looks good and suits him.
    Btw,May is cute too ^___^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back