• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald - How do I change the beginning of the game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to thank you first for all the tutorials, tools and knowledge you got! Thanks to all of this I was able to make some changes in emerald, that made so happy, that I couldn't control the smiling anymore! :D

I'm working on a relatively small project just for myself and some friends. My goal is to change some things in the original game to my liking. I succeeded in putting a pokeball in the hero's room to obtain eevee as the starter (decorated with sound, pleasent text boxes and all that) and setting the flag to get my pokemon-tab. No big deal to many of you, but it filled me with joy! (especially because I have been watching script tutorials for 2 days XD)

But now I'm not getting anywhere anymore. I want to get a lot of the beginning stuff out of the way.
The best result would be:
-select "new game" at the start
-musik starts playing
-choosing gender + naming
-start the adventure in your room. not the truck and all that

I read some thing about repointing somthing to another (or custom?) offset, but I have no idea where I can find the starting offset...

Can someone help me with this?

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Welcome to the hacking world!

There a program out there to remove the truck script. It's called 'GBA Intro Manager', made by Diegoisawesome.

The program will also allow you to set your starting position to an X and Y co-ordinate on any map.

Hope this helps.

Back