• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] [Pokecrystal] Scene Issues

Eldaryon

Now the secret final Boss of every game you know.
Years
  • Hey guys.
    I have been able to make my own scripts with everything completely functional, until I got to Scene making.
    When I wanted to add my own scene to a custom map, I completely got kicked off the map itself (moving to it simply resets the game).
    What I have done is add 2 scenes referenced in my map script, and added them to the scene constant file, the scenes.asm file and added a line to WRAM (I really believe that's the issue btw).
    I have reverted to a basic "talk to me" script but it's just too ugly :'(
    Anyone can guide a poor soul on how to make scenes properly, it seems to somewhat lack documentation on the Pokecrystal Disassembly.
    Thank you in advance.

Years
  • If you are adding a scene to a map with no wram address to store it, add it below wMobileBattleRoomSceneID and change ds 49 to ds 48. Then you have to define the scene constant in constants/scene_constants.asm, then use it in the corresponding map by creating its script and toggling it on/off with setscene. Keep in mind that you need to create the SCENE_*_NOTHING constant and implement it for when you toggle off your custom scene. If the trigger is bound to single tile of the map, you will also need to create a coord event in *_MapEvents for it.

Look at other existing map scripts for examples of how all of this is implemented. If you're still having trouble, consdier showing what you changed in a diff or something because it's impossible to tell what you did wrong without knowing what you really did to begin with.

Last edited:
    Back