• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Batch backup for your projects

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
  • Batch Backup

Hi there! This is a very very simple tool that i made in bat and later exported to exe and have been using for personal stuff . It's so simple that everyone with a bit of google skills could do it and it basically saves you just 20-30 seconds. I'm posting it here because many people forget/avoid to do backups before doing something important on XSE or AM.

Requires 7-Zip to work.

It works like that: you extract it the same folder in which you have your hack rom folder.
    Then you can create a link to this software and put it wherever you want (for example i like to put it on the lower bar to quickly reach it ).
    One single click and the entire folder will be copied, zipped and renamed with the exact year, month, day and hour to be absolutely sure about when this backup has been made.
    Every backup is usually around 5-6 MB.
    In case of irreversible mistakes or rom corruptions you can simply delete your folder and one-right-click extract the latest backup.

Here's the code for those who are curious:
    SET TIMESTAMP=%date:~0,2% %date:~3,2% %date:~6,4% %Time:~0,2% %Time:~3,2%
    for /d %%X in (*) do "c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "%%X %TIMESTAMP%.7z" -ssw -mx9 -mmt "%%X"

Download:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Me

Last edited:
    Back