• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incorrect Evolutions ......

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Have you ever seen a pokemon that looks nothing like its predescessor or doesnt resemble it in anyway

Thats what this thread is for ^^

Phanphy evolving into something huge would make more sense ^^

this is part of My incorrect collection ^^ copyrighted by Dizzy

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • remoraid one is a classic...

Phanpy evolving into Donphan looks right to me. Donphan is pretty big too. Plus you can tell they're both elephants...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • heres what i thought evolved into what

Remoraid > Mantine

yea but donphan might be an elephant but it looks rather short and stumpy to resemble such a creature

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • another one is:

Poliwhirl-->Politoed

They look nothing alike, Politoed just looks like the odd one out of that particular evolution line...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • yep thats another one ............

Heres one ............. but u might not agree

Horsea > Kingdra , it resembles horsea more with the single back fin
    Horsea > Seadra , it looks more like a complex evolution

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    yep thats another one ............

Heres one ............. but u might not agree

Horsea > Kingdra , it resembles horsea more with the single back fin
    Horsea > Seadra , it looks more like a complex evolution

indeed... i do not agree with you (again)...

Magikarp and Gyarados. How can ppl forget this one?

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I think Poliwhirl into Politoed make perfect sense... tadpole into frog, plus 'toed has a bit of the belly swirl and the shiny eyes.

Here's one: Tyrogue into either Hitmonlee or Hitmontop. Even though 'rogue has a few of the characteristics of them, seeing him evolve into a kicking potato or a break dancing beast with Pikachu eyes seems weird. Tyrogue looks the most like Hitmonchan.

Whismur to Loudred. Whoa o.O

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
  • Torchic to Combusken makes sense to me, even though Combusken has to be one of the ugliest Pokemon in existence.

I agree with Remoraid into Octillery as well. Although I I understand why Phanpy evolved into Donphan, I wish they would have made a different elephant type. I don't like Donphan too much, but I love Phanpy.

I also agree with Dragonair into Dragonite, although it sorta makes sense, there's not much resemblence.

Erm yeah, how do Poliwhirl into Politoed not make sense?

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
    Years
  • Poliwhirl = Tadpole.
    Politoed = Frog.
    Tadpole -> Frog.

Does that explain it? :P

Phanpy = Small Elephant.
    Donphan = Larger Elephant.

Simple upgrade evolution, stick a cut car tire on its back and you get Donphan. The end.

Anyway, here's a few:

Grovyle into Sceptile. Whilst Sceptile would make sense as an evolution of Treecko (It is after all really just a Treeckosaurus Rex), it makes utterly no sense when put immediately after the sleek, somewhat-dragonish Grovyle.

Dragonair into Dragonite. AGH. How can something as graceful as Dragonair can evolve into that winged Barney recolor?

Octillery and Remoraid don't make sense either. I don't think that Octillery is a 'true' octopus, but rather a fish that has taken the form of an Octopod. A fish simply cannot turn into a Mollusk.

And as Ivee mentioned, The cuteish Tyrogue into the mutant Kicking Spud of a Hitmonlee or the Beyblade Wannabe Hitmontop.

But the craziest thing ever to grace Pokemon is Clamperl. Uh, explain to me how can a Pearl (the real Pokemon is the Pearl, NOT the clam) can evolve into an Eel? or a Lamprey/Hagfish/Just-Whatever-The-Hades-Gorebyss-Is-Supposed-To-Be?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i think the shell is part of the body (just not the vital part the pearl would be... like the relationship between a snail and its shell)

The dragonair/dragonite and the remoraid/octillery are old examples... i won't really talk about them. I personally find the Treecko line ok... they all look related to me.

Clamperl doesn't make sense at all... even after it's holding a scale or a tooth it won't evolve into something like that... i should have thought about that one but i suppose Clamperl just slipped out of my mind.

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    I think the whole concept of the existance of the pok?mon "Luvdisc" is stupid? What the heck is that little turd?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • um... luvdisc is based on a heart shape? (The RS Pinball picture shows you a better view of Luvdisc)

it's another filler Pokemon that's completely useless... it isn't even useful in efg moves and breeding chains too

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Its only use is stealing heart scales off of it. Man, why does RS have so many water Pokemon anyway? Atleast make them have cool type combos like steel and ghost.

Back