• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald ROM hack softlocks after an attack misses, how can I solve this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2021
I am creating a small personal Emerald hack. I used the ROM hack "Emerald Updated Patched ROM" as a base. Unfortunately, I can't link the YouTube video where I found it because it contains a download link.

Anyway, the problem is that whenever an attack misses, the game softlocks. The music keeps going, so the game does not crash or freeze. I'm thinking the original creator messed up something in the battle sequence, so that it no longer continues with the next step (which should be either allowing action selection or an attack by opposing Pokemon). The screen looks normal, like this: https://i.gyazo.com/8c0bb727240c1d1073ba762005f525c3.png

I have not been able to find where I am supposed to edit battle sequence if that is indeed the problem. Does any one of you have experience with this problem? Or perhaps someone could tell me where I can find the tools to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
I am creating a small personal Emerald hack. I used the ROM hack "Emerald Updated Patched ROM" as a base. Unfortunately, I can't link the YouTube video where I found it because it contains a download link.

Anyway, the problem is that whenever an attack misses, the game softlocks. The music keeps going, so the game does not crash or freeze. I'm thinking the original creator messed up something in the battle sequence, so that it no longer continues with the next step (which should be either allowing action selection or an attack by opposing Pokemon). The screen looks normal, like this: https://i.gyazo.com/8c0bb727240c1d1073ba762005f525c3.png

I have not been able to find where I am supposed to edit battle sequence if that is indeed the problem. Does any one of you have experience with this problem? Or perhaps someone could tell me where I can find the tools to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Wait, are you referring to that beginning Fight with the Gengar and the other Pokemon? With the Music that goes "Dun dun dun dunna nuh nunna na nunna nuh NUNNA NUHHH NAAAA, NUHHHHH NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DUNNA NAA NUNNA NA etc."?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2021
Wait, are you referring to that beginning Fight with the Gengar and the other Pokemon? With the Music that goes "Dun dun dun dunna nuh nunna na nunna nuh NUNNA NUHHH NAAAA, NUHHHHH NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DUNNA NAA NUNNA NA etc."?

No? I provided a screenshot of an ingame battle. Doesn't really matter anyway, I just started over on a different base as I had no idea how to fix it.

Back