• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Partner Trainer.exe has stopped working apparently

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Alright so I'm trying to have a simple tag battle between the player, a partner trainer and 2 enemy trainers however 1 glaring issue has arisen.

THE PARTNER TRAINER DOES NOTHING!!!!!!

They don't use attacks, the enemy Pokemon ignore them like the plague, and they don't even send out a second Pokemon. (WHICH THEY HAVE A SECOND ONE BTW)

I've tried everything I can think of.
    - I've restarted RPG Maker XP so many times
    - I've edited the Partner Trainer so that way they're at different AI's
    - I've edited the Partner Trainer's Pokemon so that they're super specific in moves, IVs and whatnot, and the general basics (ex. MEDITITE,6)
    - I've changed the two enemy trainers to a double battle against 1 trainer

Somehow nothing is working!!

There's also the "Call" feature which I can't get rid of no matter what.

Long story short I'm currently in a hellish nightmare, please help me I'm losing sleep over this.

Pokericmon

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • To get rid of the Call-Option you just have to get rid of the Shadow Type. You can simply change the Internal-name of the Shadow type in types.pbs. That's how it worked for me. I sadly can't help you with the Partner-Trainer thing tough.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Well, did you try to start all over again and add what you did in a fresh essentials version? Maybe solve your problem about Partner.

Back