• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] SM 43 Discussion

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2020
    Not necessarily. We do know that the guy in charge of that school was inspired to create an actual Pokémon League in Alola because of the match, so there's that to look out for (especially if this turns out to be the league Ash wins).

Besides, they did hint that Misty and Brock would reappear in Alola in the ending, and since Jigglypuff definitely is a recurring character here, I'd say it's at least important for that reason alone.

That, and Misty and Brock swearing to Ash that they'll come see Alola, which hints that the SM writers aren't done with them yet. If we count Jigglypuff actually arriving in Alola and the trouble it caused the group there, that's also a "purpose to the series" the episode had.

You're going to end up disappointed, kid.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You're going to end up disappointed, kid.

Maybe, but on the other hand, I don't think they would have directly alluded to the possibility to Ash participating in a league if they weren't intending to do so. Same goes for Misty and Brock appearing in Alola.

Besides, as far as Ash winning the league, considering how the writers suffered a massive twitter storm calling them out on the Kalos League results, got downvotes regarding the next episode trailer, and all of that, not to mention the twitter storm came from both sides of the Pacific (in other words, even the Japanese viewers were ticked off by the results), I don't think they'd want to repeat that kind of thing at all. I know I wouldn't in their position.

EDIT: BTW, is it just me, or does Misty's redesign look very similar at least in terms of hairstyle and to a lesser extent face to Honoka Kousaka from Love Live?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2020
    Maybe, but on the other hand, I don't think they would have directly alluded to the possibility to Ash participating in a league if they weren't intending to do so. Same goes for Misty and Brock appearing in Alola.

Besides, as far as Ash winning the league, considering how the writers suffered a massive twitter storm calling them out on the Kalos League results, got downvotes regarding the next episode trailer, and all of that, not to mention the twitter storm came from both sides of the Pacific (in other words, even the Japanese viewers were ticked off by the results), I don't think they'd want to repeat that kind of thing at all. I know I wouldn't in their position.

EDIT: BTW, is it just me, or does Misty's redesign look very similar at least in terms of hairstyle and to a lesser extent face to Honoka Kousaka from Love Live?
    They don't give a single damn about their audience, so they'll have Ash lose over and over again. You'd best quit watching the anime altogether, it is truly a waste of time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They don't give a single damn about their audience, so they'll have Ash lose over and over again. You'd best quit watching the anime altogether, it is truly a waste of time.

Technically, I haven't actually WATCHED the anime for quite some time (in fact, SM042 and SM043 is the first time I've even WATCHED a little bit of the anime since 2008), so you don't need to tell me to quit.

And besides, considering they DID in fact have Misty and Brock return as they had earlier promised based on the teaser poster for the new season, all I can say is "never say never." And besides, don't forget that with the Kalos League, the guys who did the anime got swamped by very negative twitter responses after their stunt with Alain, by both Western fans and ESPECIALLY Japanese fans, and the one customer base they wouldn't DARE try to tick off royally would in fact be the Japanese fans, so if they get angry, expect them to avoid repeating the same mistake. After all, thanks to similar complaints about Misty and Brock being replaced for the 20th anniversary film, they got a return in SM.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Professor Kukui: "I want you to all to feel the heat! It's like a blastburn!"

Community: Too soon, too god damn soon...

Ash: *War flashbacks of Kalos League*

Back