• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Behaviour Byte to access the PC

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Hey team. So it turns out I'm a spud and posted this in the wrong channel... whoops!

Anyway.

I'm looking to make a tile in my Fire Red hack that accesses the PC but that isn't the clunky old PC looking tile.
    I found some laptop tiles from the Silph Co. Tileset that looked far more modern. So I whacked it in my map with AdvanceMap, changed the Behaviour Byte to '83' and tested it out.

Unfortunately there must be some inbuilt code with this BB to make the screen flicker which accesses some other tiles in the tileset.

So my question is: is there a way to access the PC with a different Behaviour Byte? Or is there another/no solution?

I've put some screenshots here to explain.

Hopefully someone more au fiat with AMap can assist
    Thanks humans@

Attachments

• 03 After.png
      03 After.png
      4.3 KB · Views: 6
    • 01 Before.png
      01 Before.png
      3.2 KB · Views: 7
    • 02 During.png
      02 During.png
      3.3 KB · Views: 6

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • I believe this is because the Pc sprite is 2-3 tiles long and the screen is supposed to be one tile higher then the pc itself as the pc changes sprites to show it turning on so try to make a pc sprite facing down and put an actual pc sprite on top of it so it wont look bad

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey team. So it turns out I'm a spud and posted this in the wrong channel... whoops!

Anyway.

I'm looking to make a tile in my Fire Red hack that accesses the PC but that isn't the clunky old PC looking tile.
    I found some laptop tiles from the Silph Co. Tileset that looked far more modern. So I whacked it in my map with AdvanceMap, changed the Behaviour Byte to '83' and tested it out.

Unfortunately there must be some inbuilt code with this BB to make the screen flicker which accesses some other tiles in the tileset.

So my question is: is there a way to access the PC with a different Behaviour Byte? Or is there another/no solution?

I've put some screenshots here to explain.

Hopefully someone more au fiat with AMap can assist
    Thanks humans@

An easy solution might be to edit the PC script to not use the animation specials. You could for example make them toggleable with a flag to only disable the animation on maps that use the custom PCs.
    Of course you could also create a new metatile behaviour with its own PC script but that would be more complex.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Yo, Anon822, thanks for the reply.

That first option seems doable.
    I'll admit though, I'm pretty noobular as far as scripting is concerned,. But I'm sure I can work it out.

Ta!

Back