• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secret Bases

Years
_update__pokemon_essentials___secret_bases_by_kleinstudio-d8rhli7.png

Not too much to explain; a secret bases add-on.
I decide to make a demo instead of a zip file with the script and stuff because it's a little hard to explain everything. I think a little demo where you can see how to make marts for secret base items, gift them, make secret bases, etc, is fine.

If after read this and instructions still have questions, ask me.
DOWNLOAD: http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=10

How to use in your own project
1. Copy the "Secret Bases" script and place it in your project.
2. Copy the [BS]Items map and place it in your project
3. Modify ITEMSMAP value in Secret Bases script and write the new id for [BS]Items map.
4. Copy the tileset and characters if you need/want them. You can always use your own tileset and characters.

Last edited:
Years
Can i change the terrain tags?

I have an issue with the secret bases decoration. I can't put the decorations on the floor and walls, i tested with your terrain tags and with my new terrain tags and nothing works. And another thing: mats with animations like jump mat, spin mat and so one they didn't appear in mart and when i tried to put them on the floor, they are invisible, but i checked all codes and there is no problem. So i don't know what i must do. I will continue checking the scripts for errors again. Anyway if you could help me in this matter, i thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
A lot of thanks!!

Muchas gracias paisano!! Le he echado un vistazo a la demo y está cojonuda!

Years
Can i change the terrain tags?

I have an issue with the secret bases decoration. I can't put the decorations on the floor and walls, i tested with your terrain tags and with my new terrain tags and nothing works. And another thing: mats with animations like jump mat, spin mat and so one they didn't appear in mart and when i tried to put them on the floor, they are invisible, but i checked all codes and there is no problem. So i don't know what i must do. I will continue checking the scripts for errors again. Anyway if you could help me in this matter, i thank you.

Do you have those issues in the demo too? You only can place posters in walls and non-dolls/pushion items in floor (unless you enable DOLLSEVERYWHERE). About the spin map etc I ask you the same question: do you have that issue in the demo?
And sure, you should be able to modify the terrain tags without any problem ;)

Years
In the demo, all things works well. But in my game, i copy the script and add it. then i changed the items, and i added the tile codes and etc and i added the shops, but all this changes worked well without problem. My problem is:

1- i changed 2 lines were is mentioned terrain tags for ground (21) and walls (22).
2- When in shop or when my char is in "decorations mode" the mats with animations are invisible.
I only have this mats in tileset and events.

So, i don't know what is wrong. If you don't know the problem i can send to you my secret base script, so you can see by yourself. Another thing, i put the ground and walls in layer 2.

Years
I tried to do the same in a clean copy of Essentials, I copied the script, the tileset and the map with the items (modifying the ITEMSMAP variable too after this), then I modified the terrain tags and it's working for me.
Anyways, send me the script if you want me to test it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Hi,

I want to have this Shelf (look at the picture). But I can't move it at this place. How can I fix it?

EDIT: And how can I add new categories like Furniture or Bedroom?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-04-09 23.11.17.png
    Screenshot 2016-04-09 23.11.17.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Is there a way to make it so you can make a secret base without having to use a move?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
This happens every time I try to download the demo

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 64749568) (tried to allocate 262209 bytes) in /homepages/17/d602119649/htdocs/PFG/resource.php on line 54

Even when I tried to download some of the other stuff (map exporter, ect), the same thing happens.

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
Years
Would it ever be possible to have a QR-Code system for bases, like ORAS? Those psuedo-online features are neat, but I'm not sure if Essentials or the Secret Base script would be capable of something like that. Any thoughts?

Years
It's working perfectly on Essentials 16.2.
Aside from characters and tileset, you need also copy/past the pictures:
sbWall up to secretMartScreen.
Those are placed into Graphics>Pictures in the demo folder.

Thanks for this awesome script!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
How do you add another furniture category?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to add new items.

I've got the sprite sheets made up, added them to the base tileset, and created character sheets for the ones that are to be events, put those events onto the items map, edited the code to add the items... And it almost works.

The only thing that I cannot figure out is how the items are given their icons. I set them to the tilesheet ids correctly and all, but they seem to just be scrambled - all items I added have the wrong icon, and I cannot find any correlation between them, or backtrace what is actually controlling the things:

Spoiler:

Does it matter where on the items map I put each of the events for the items I add?

Also what is the Event ID actually FOR? I assigned each new tile I made that I wanted to be used for events it's own unique ID, but I'm not really sure how these are called or used, or what they actually are for (unless it's just for assigning the correct tile graphics, cuz it needs a way to track each one?).

------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, I saw that your system was only set up for the male protagonist, and there was not a secret base "arrow" for the female protagonist, nor a switch for determining which one to use. I created a sprite for this, and edited the code a bit to change which one it uses based on the PC's gender.

If anyone wants the sprite, here it is:

pjfccdi.png

^Rename that file to "secretBaseArrow_Green1.png", and rename the original to "secretBaseArrow_Red1.png" in order for the code edit I posted below to work right.

*I would have posted a link to a download, but apparently I don't have enough posts on this forums to do that yet, and I'm not gonna waste my time "post farming" right now... >.>

You will need to edit the code slightly, too. Find the function "def getSecretArrow", and replace it with this:
Code:
  def getSecretArrow
    if $Trainer.gender==1
      bitmapname=_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/secretBaseArrow_Green{1}",$Trainer.metaID)
      return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapname)
    else
      bitmapname=_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/secretBaseArrow_Red{1}",$Trainer.metaID)
    end
  end

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I'm having some trouble figuring out how to add new secret base items.

I correctly appended the script and all that, and the new items are showing up in the vendor NPCs, and can be placed in the bases and all that, it's just that they're kinda... scrambled. I cannot seem to figure out what is actually controlling which sprite gets applied to which item:

Spoiler:

I followed the tile ID convention correctly, and appended the Bases.png tilesheet and all that, but it I cannot find any correlation between the code and the sprites being used, as it seems like they were just... randomized.

---------------------------------------------------
On a different note, I saw that you had no Arrow sprite for Green, just one for Red, and the code was not set up to parse gender differences in the PC. So I created a arrow sprite for Green:

jtptesc.png

If you want to use this, you'll need to edit the script a bit. Find the "def getSecretArrow" function and replace it with this:
Code:
  def getSecretArrow
    if $Trainer.gender==1
      bitmapname=_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/secretBaseArrow_Green{1}",$Trainer.metaID)
    else
      bitmapname=_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/secretBaseArrow_Red{1}",$Trainer.metaID)
    end
  end
...Then rename the old "secretBaseArrow.png" to "secretBaseArrow_Red1.png", and name my new sprite to "secretBaseArrow_Green1.png".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I ended up just brute-force fixing the Name/Icon mismatch issue by manually swapping the names to match the sprites for the entry shown in-game (which sucked and took hours).

They all work now fine now, but no longer use the correct TileID on the Bases.png sheet. Can't really say why this happened, but I guess maybe it's due to a bug in the script? Well doesn't really matter I suppose.

Figured I'd also go ahead and share my expanded Secret Base item sheet here. I included all the Pokedolls from R/S/E (some were not included originally), as well as all of the dolls added in Diamond/Pearl (some of which I had to downscale to fit the size constraints of Gen III, as they were too large to fit into a single tile). Also included is a custom Tent sprite I made (a yellow variant of the usual red and blue ones from R/S).

Spoiler:

Pokedoll Character Sheets:
Spoiler:
The Pokedoll sprites go into the "Graphics/Character" folder.

The last PokeDoll sprite sheet is an animated variant of the Drifloon pokedoll that bobs up and down like a balloon would (I named it "Drifbaloon" in my game). To get it to animate properly, when placing the event in the map with the bases events, add a custom move route to it like this:
Spoiler:

I'll also include my modified script files, and the edited "[BS]ITEMS" map file so that you guys don't have to write all of the new item code yourselves:

https://pastebin.com/ERs8ntiv

Note that this script also includes my edits to differentiate the PC's gender when choosing a Secret Base selector arrow sprite, so you're gonna want to go grab the sprite assets I uploaded one post above this one if you intend to use it!

I also cleaned up the comments quite a bit. I don't think Klein is a native english speaker, as there were a lot of grammatical issues and use of the wrong words in sentences that made them a bit confusing to read (not trying to be mean or anything by this comment @Klein, just trying to help!).

Edited [BS]ITEMS Map File:

----------------
@KleinStudio:

I hope I'm not stepping on your toes or anything by posting this - I am just trying to contribute to this amazing resource. If you request that I remove these links for any reason, I will comply instantly and without question! ;3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 8, 2018
So I have an issue with the script in the v16 versions of essentials.
When ever I leave a base and try and reenter I am prompted with the create a new secret base message. Also when I place items in the base and exit and enter the items disappear but still claim to be placed.
Im not sure why this does this, but if someone could help me out Id appreciate it.

Years
I always get this Error when i try to place Decoration:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokémon
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 1, map 317 (Geheimbasis):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section158:1180:in `getSecretArrow'undefined method `metaID' for #<PokeBattle_Trainer:0xb18b6f8>

***Full script:

pbSecretBasePC

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Secret Bases:1699:in `pbCreatePlaceItem'

Secret Bases:2077:in `startDecoration'

Secret Bases:2068:in `itemList'

Secret Bases:2001:in `initialize'

Secret Bases:2225:in `new'

Secret Bases:2225:in `access'

Secret Bases:2213:in `loop'

Secret Bases:2236:in `access'

Secret Bases:2286:in `pbSecretBasePC'