• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] [Horror] Pokemon Fire Red Distorted - Pokemon Rosso Fuoco Distorto

Years
  • Part 1: Do you really exist?

It all started in my bedroom when I didn't find my NES. I went downstairs to ask my mom, but she wasn't there, instead one of professor Oak's aide was waiting me to tell that Oak was looking for me, so I decided to go find him.

Before leaving the town, a familiar voice stopped me: it was him, the professor Oak!
    "It's dangerous! In the tall grass there's plenty of wild pokemon! You need a pokemon that protects you!"

"Follow me
    " he said, so i followed him to his lab but before entering, Oak changed the expression of his face and he said: "I'm tired of this! I cannot resist anymore, I have been prisoner of this monotony my whole life. I'm forced to act like this, somebody controls me! Everybody is controlled!" And suddenly it started to rain "DO YOU SEE? This rain is not something natural, it is forced by someone! I must get out from this hell!" after those words the professor ran away.

I thought that he was crazy. So I decided to enter in his lab and ask to his aides. When I entered, the two scientists were motionless like had been turned into stone with a strange expression in their pale faces that made me shiver. Then I relized that the lab was empty with exception of some bookshelfs and a downstairs. I decided to investigate and to find out where those stairs lead to.

After a while I found myself into a spooky cave without an exit, I continued my exploration until I found a guy turned into stone like Oak's aides! "It's a nightmare!" I screamed "Come on mom hurry and wake me up!".

Behind some rocks I saw some people and among them there was Oak too! I tried to climb the rock where Oak was standing motionless but I failed, it was too high!

Only then I saw that at the end of the room there was my NES! "Why is my NES here? This must be a nightmare, I need to wake up!" I said. At this point the NES started speaking to me: "YOU'RE A FOOL...WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS A DREAM? YOU WON'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR DESTINY! YOU ARE A PUPPET!"

"Don't listen to him, it will control you!" The voice of Oak echoed in the cave "Destroy the NES! Don't listen to his voice, it will control you!" he said.

"YOU'RE A FOOL! YOU CANNOT DESTROY ME, I CONTROL ALL OF YOU!" screamed the NES.

Oak with the agility of a Persian climbed down the rocks saying: "If you don't destroy it, i'll do it!" but the NES made Oak disappear into the distortion, soon after he said with his robotic voice: "you were forgotten! Your memory has been disappeared Drk. You were replaced by other characters. Farewell!". Suddenly an old woman that had been montionless since then, pushed me into a hole.

I found myself in a house without the ability to talk or to think. I tried to talk with the guy inside the room, but he walked away without noticing me. So I decided to go downstairs and talk to a woman. She offered me a cup of hot chocolate, but when I refused she started talking with a demonic voice threathing me to steal my soul, after those words she disappered without leaving any trace.

In the other room I found a lot of blood on the walls and the floor and in a small corner of the room, I found my mother mumbling something about a sacrifice to the darkness. Those words creep me out and I went to talk to an old man that he was standing near some boxes with other two pale guys with a strange uniform.

"Long time ago in a parallel universe i was working for an organization called Team Rocket. The porpouse of this was stealing pokemon. One day they gave me a mission: go into a strange ghost tower. In that place I've found this strange pokemon that i catched with difficulty. On the way to the base, the strange pokemon fled from the pokeball and it drag me and other two grunts in this universe. It seems that he wants made us die in here. You have a pure blood, you must take this pokemon with you canceling the curse on me, the monster hides somewhere in the dark, I'm going in search of it....". The old man disappered into the wall and after few minutes he shouted: "Here it is!". A Hypno with a strange pendulum made apparently from a skull of some pokemon appeared, the old man in an istant threw to the creature a cage taking it by surprise and catching it!

"I did it!" the old man exclaimed exiting from the wall "Now the curse should be broken!" "I can finally enjoy my life" after those words he disappeared again into the wall along with the other two grunts.

With this strange pokemon on my side, I went to another room where I met the porofessor Oak. He explained to me that the NES becamed a religion in this universe and he controls telepatically the other beings. The professor and Bill decided to stop this madness with some sort of plan.

After those words Oak with a demonic voice screamed " Damn! HE is controlling me run! You will remain here for ever!" Thanks to my pokemon I was able to defeat him.

After a short battle I found myself inside a huge cave, where I found a pokeball containing a pokemon that I never saw in my whole life: a missingno. After leaving the cave, I arrived into a desert town. My journey had just begun.
    To be continued...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Episode 2: The horrors of Viridian forest

I followed the path to the north, crossing a bridge and some trees. At the end of the path I found a small cottage, inside there was a laboratory but there was no trace of Bill. Opening the backdoor I ended up in Bill's garden.

Walking around I found out about Bill's terrible experiments with pokemon and humans. After a while, someone approched me: "I was waiting for you. Oak told me you'd come." The man introduced himself as Bill and explained me that this world is a lie, an illusion made by the NES and just those who uncover the truth can see the true face of reality. A reality made of madness and atrocities. He gave me a Pikachu and some cages as gift and warned me that I'll perish if somehow I lose. Then he invited me to his lab hidden somewhere on the other side of a cave located at the end of his garden.

After those words he leaved, that guy had several scars and wounds all over his body and some kind of sinister spark of madness shining in his eyes, clearly he was just a shadow of himself.

After a while I finally reached the laboratory and Bill was there, making a disgusting experiment on a Jigglypuff who had several parts of his body removed. When I approached him, he explained me that there is a way to destroy the NES: to fuse three Eevees and create a powerful and unbeatable pokemon, but to do so he needed me to gather this pokemon and bring it to him. I had no choice but to accept his offer, so I started entering on a teleporter located inside his lab and all of a sudden I found myself in the Viridian forest where an unending and cold rain was flooding the entire area.

Luckily, before leaving the lab I had found a TM that I used to make my Pikachu learn the move thunder! It was a smart move, because thunder is a powerful attack with high chance to miss the target, but under the rain this move never miss to become a serious threat for anyone.

Thanks to my Hypno and my Pikachu I was able to defeat every trainer and every wild pokemon I met. However I noticed that every pokemon I met was warped or mutilated and I wondered if that was Bill or NES' fault.
    In the end I finally discovered a big building hidden behind some trees. When I saw it I realized that Petwer city was not so far from there and I had to prepare myself very carefully to be ready for the threats that were awaiting me in that place.

...To be continued.

Years
  • Part 3: Better hope in mercy

Upon arriving in Pewter city I noticed that the area was devasted by the neverending rain and most of the buildings were destroyed.
    Fortunately I found a dry place to warm me up and heal my pokemon thanks to the nurse.

When I opened the next door there was a huge and abandoned room covered with tall grass and some trees inhabitated by plenty of bugs and grass pokemon.
    Some bugcatchers used this place as their own training center, I heard that if anyone would be able to defeat them all, he will receive a strong and rare grass pokemon, so I decided to go there and challenge all of them.

The trainers were no match for my pokemon, but Morgan, their leader was something else: his level 40 Chespin was a though one and only with the ability of Hypno to hypnotize his opponents giving them terrible nightmares I was able to prevail.

"H-How did you win, kid?! As promised here's your prize! Take this Chespin... What? You've never seen a Chespin? Well it's a hybrid pokemon born from the fusion between Raticate and Bulbasaur. Take care of him, it's very strong. Farewell kid"

Aftere these words, Morgan gave me one of his grass pokemon. I decided to stay there for a while and train my team with the wild pokemon in the area.
    That was a good decision! In the tall grass I found a shiny Caterpie that I caught with ease and my Hypno surprisingly evolved at level 22 into Mega Hypno! His appearence changed a lot becoming much more sinister (as if it was not enough) along with his psychic powers that increased to the point that I was able to feel all of that power flow even through his cage.

After healing my pokemon, I was ready for the next step: challenge the gym leader of Pewter city, so I went to the west area of the city and entered into a small building. Inside I found the HM01 Cut, so I decided to put it inside my bag and go find my next challenge.

Then I reached a strange garden where the grass was painted describing some incomprehensible symbols and from the sky, the rain was no more, instead a some sort of ash, rain down.

Beyond a fence I found the diary of the champion Brock where the gym leader wrote about how the NES imprisoned him in that place because of his passion for pokemon battles that in some way made him praying the NES less important.

Brock was there, when I approched him, he mistook me for a team rocket grunt and challenged me with his terrible pokemon: a level 36 Rhyhorn and a level 35 Gastly. My level 24 Mega Hypno was way too powerful to let them winning with ease despite the level disadvantage.

After the battle, Brock beg me to spare his life and in exchange he gave me a TM 30 Water pulse and the ability to use Cut outside the combat.

I used this ability shortly after to cut down a Psyduck that blocked the passsage to the entrance of the temple of the NES. Here I found some believers and the priest that after the sermon, invited me to ask priest Mardok to baptize me to the religion of the NES, but most importantly I found the first Eevee, after taking him I was ready to go back to Bill's lab. That day, little I knew of what was going to happen to me...

To be continued...​

Years
  • Part 4: The city in black and white

The next teleport in Bill's lab brought me to a new area where I found another temple dedicated to the NES.

Inside a kind girl welcomed me and suggested to be my guide.
    I tried to talk with the believers, but it was useless because all of them were so immersed in their prayers that cannot hear me.

I went outside and followed the path to the south. In the tall grass I found a strong skeletal Aerodactyl that after a hard battle I was able to catch!
    After a couple of battles with the wild pokemon in the area, my Chespin finally evolved into Quilladin.

With these two brand new strong members in my team I finally reached a city.
    But something in that place was wrong: everything was in black and white. The professor Oak approched me and told me that the NES eradicate the life from that once thriving city introducing elements of the past. Because of that the city become black and white. Also, he brainwashed the team rocket members so they hunt down whoever tries to rebel against him.

Their hideout was somewhere in the west area of the city, so I decided to investigate hoping to find another Eevee useful for my quest on destroying the NES.

Upon arriving I found the journal of Giovanni the leader of team rocket that declares himself as an Elite four member and defender of the weak and oppressed.
    In this journal he talks about how he will kill and destroy whoever is against the NES.

I started to explore the hideout and suddenly I found some rocket grunts with pale faces, these guys instead to stand like turned into stone like the other people that I met before, challenged me to a pokemon battle. Their pokemon was no match for mine and after I defeated all of them easily I reached the second floor.

I decided to catch my breath before continuing because I knew that somewhere in that maze of sliding tiles and rocket grunts an angry elite four member was patiently awaiting me, ready to strike with all his wrath the fatal blow on me.

To be continued...​

Years
  • Part 5: The defender of the weak and oppressed

After a little pause, I continued the exploration.
    Before challenging me to a pokemon battle a rocket grunt confirmed my thoughts saying: "Giovanni is waiting to meet and destroy you!" These words for an istant scared me, but I was able to dissimulate my fear and concentrate myself to the battle.

After defeting his last pokemon I walked to the left and found a little maze made of sliding tiles. After a few tries I managed to go through it and reached the third floor where the stench of the corpses of people who tried to rebel to the NES tiranny, hung the entire area.

Fortunately I was able to quickly reach the next floor where two grunts were guarding a big armored door.

After defeating them both, the door opened revealing the office of the boss. Giovanni was waiting for me. He started with a strange level 36 ghost pokemon that oblitered in a blink of eye my Quilladin. In the end my Mega Hypno with some lucky blows was able to prevail on that creature reaching the level 30.

At this point it was the turn of his level 37 Pinsir that despite the type disadvantage, after a grueling battle, was able to win against my Aerodactyl.
    I send on the battlefield once again Mega Hypno, Giovanni with a smirk on his face gave to his pokemon a piece of rotten meat that restored all his energy lost in the last fight.
    After a long confrontation where both pokemon didn't spare themselves, Mega Hypno avoided a fatal guillotine attack from his opponent striking him back with a powerful confusion attack granting another amazing victory!

A irritated Giovanni sent out his last pokemon: a level 39 Muk.
    That pokemon was resilient but in the end he couldn't win against the extraordinary power of my Mega Hypno and his type advantage.

After the defeat, Giovanni was surprised by the result of our battle and left me with a warning: "Don't believe that you've won, I'll come back with all the members of the temple to kill you!"

In the office I didn't find any Eevee I was looking for. However I found the HM 04 useful to make one of my pokemon learn the move strenght allowing me to move massive boulders along the way. I suddenly realize that thanks to that I will be able to explore the east area of the city where a boulder was blocking the entrance of a large building.

There was something familiar and at the same time something insane about that place, so I decided to take a rest inside the pokemon center before continuing.
    I had no idea of what was going to happen the next day...

To be continued...​

Years
  • Part 6: Same memories, same emotions

After resting and healing my pokemon at the pokemon center, before leaving I just remembered that the professor Oak sent to my computer a pokemon as gift, so I decided to deposit my Missingno and replaced it with this pokemon: a level 16 Charmander from the past, his skin and even his flames were gray.

When I arrived in front of the building in the east area of the city, thanks to my Aerodactyl, I moved aside the big boulder that was blocking the entrance.

Inside I surprisingly met my mother and when I tried to talk to her, she said that because we were being punished both because I was defying the nes: she was punished by constantly founding herself in different universes and me by losing the ability to think or talk. Then she continued:

"At the moment you are in another universe, a world where there is another Drk. Go to the next room to understand what I just said."

I followed the suggestion of my mother and I found myself in a large room, a guy wearing sunglasses introduced himself as who introduces the challenging trainers to the gym. Then explained me that the gym leader was non other than myself!
    "That's insane!" I thought, but I was so focused and determined not to give up to my own fears and I approched to the myself from another universe.

"So I stand in front of myself! We are almost identical: same DNA, same blood, same memories, same emotions. But there are two little differences between you and me: I come from a different universe, I'm faithful to the NES and you aren't. At this point I suggest a battle, who loses will be deleted from this universe."

After those words, the battle started: a level 39 Raichu was his first choice. After a long battle, my Quilladin was able to win against that formidable opponent thanks the amazing combo of leech seed, poison powder and razor leaf.
    A level 39 Magneton was his next pokemon, after a leech seed I switched my Quilladin with Mega Hypno that won quickly thanks to the power up gained using his calm mind attack. Finally he sent out another Magneton, this time at level 30. Despite his level, this pokemon was very dangerous and after paralyzing my pokemon with a thunder wave, he started to attack with continuos shock wave attacks that almost defeated my helpless Mega Hypno, but in the end he managed to gather all his remaining strengh and strike back with a confusion attack that ended the battle.

After losing, the myself from another universe vanished istantly along with my mother. I decided to explore the area and I ended up in a garden where I catched a Gastly that later I added to my team. I trained all my pokemon until they all reached level 36, my Quilladin evolved into Chesnaught and my Charmender evolved into Charmeleon first and then into a Charizard.

I went back inside and crossed the door behind the other Drk was standing. With a lot of surprise and joy I found the second Eevee!
    At that point I was so close, another Eevee to accomplish my quest!

Full of excitement, I run out of that cursed building more focused than ever, I entered into a small house where two Bill's aides prepared another teleport to me.

I entered and found myself in a long tunnel that ended in a small room where a guy explained me that I had to prepare myself very very carefully , because the next destination would have been none other than the Transilvania. So I healed my pokemon thanks to the nurse and go outside.

After crossing a short mountain road I ended inside an icy cave, inside I caught some pokemon and I met a couple of creepy girls turned into statue of ice, but when I walk near to them, they started to attack and I had no choice but to defend myself.

Finally, I found the exit and reached Transilvania. A big tower stood against the sky. A sign near the entrance said "Nosferatu Manor".

Without esitation, I entered into the building, an almost impossible challenge awaited me in that horrific tower.

To be continued...

Years
  • Part 7: Transylvania

Upon entering that huge tower, I saw a large and empty hall where only the sound of my footsteps broke that surreal silence.

I went upstairs to the second floor where multitude of tombstones created some sort of labirinth. I proceeded to the next floors but the area didn't change so much: some other tombstones, a surreal silence and the feeling that someone or something was watching me all the time.

Finally in the distance I saw a nurse that kindly healed my pokemon, then I realized that I had almost reached the top of the tower, so I went upstairs reaching a small area surrounded of tombstones where a pale guy introduced himself:

"I'm Nosferatu the vampire. Only few adventurers were able to go so far, but no one was able to defeat me. If you will beat me, I'll bring you to my secret room
    where many of my riches are present. May the best win!
    "

The battle began and Nosferatu started with a level 57 Muk.
    Muk was so strong and bulky that took all the attacks from my Aerodactyl without any problem putting him down with a couple of acid attacks. Then Pikachu was the next, one shotted by one of his terrific blows. In the end Gastly was able to prevail against that mostruosity thanks to the combo of curse and night shade.

Nosferatu had only two pokemon and his last one was much more terrifying than the previous: a level 51 Charizard from the past that upon exiting from his cage, oblitereted my ghost pokemon with a single flamethrower.

I sent out my best pokemon: Mega Hypno, but nothing or no one seemed to stop that creature from spitting fire from his jaws. I used a piece of meet to revive my Aerodactyl, sending him into the battlefield once again after Charizard destroyed Mega Hypno with just a couple of flamethrowers.

Aerodactyl almost defeated his opponent with few lucky blows, but Charizard was too strong to go down so easily and in the end finished my pokemon with another flamethrower.

I sent out my own Charizard from the past ready to strike the final blow on the opponent but Nosferatu with a scary laugh that echoed in all the area used a full restore on his pokemon healing him completely.

The situation was so desperate! My pokemon wouldn't stand a chance against his opponent, so I decided to revive my pokemon while my Charizard was desperately trying to survive his adversary.

When my Charizard fell to the ground exausted, I sent out Pikachu hoping to paralyze the opponent thanks to his thunder wave attack but without any luck.

Then I sent out Mega Hypno, this time I was determinated to win!
    He put the fire pokemon to sleep thanks to his hypnosis attack, then he continued the offense with nightmare and psychic. Useless were the attempt of Nosferatu to wake up his pokemon or heal him with potions. In the end Charizard was defeated just like his owner.

"Defeated by a mortal!" the vampire exclaimed after the battle. Then he congratulated with me for the victory and teleported both in his secret room as promised.

There I found a lot of meat to heal my pokemon and the last Eevee I was looking for! I found the teleporter that brought me to Bill's lab where the professor Oak and him were waiting for me.

I gave the Eevees to the scientist. After a disgusting experiment he was able to fuse all three pokemon into a twisted creature.

He explained me that we didn't have much time, so I teleported myself to the entrance of the big temple of the NES ready to destroy him.

In the hurry I forgot to heal my pokemon and suddenly I realized that some cultist surrounded and attack me viciously.

Eevee was so strong that my enemies didn't stand a chance against him and after few minutes all of them were defeated.

I followed the path arriving in front of the big temple, without any esitation I entered inside that place of corruption and madness. Finally the hour of reckoning has arrived!

To be continued...​

Years
  • Part 8: Ending

Inside the big temple of the NES chaos reigned supreme: Oak, Bill and his aides were battling the cultists all over the place.

Bill yelled at me:
    "Go fight Marduk. Be careful! He's very dangerous, before challenging him use the potions inside my bag to heal your pokemon!"

At that point my pokemons? were exhausted so I din't ask twice and healed my team.

I went to the back where a hooded figure was waiting me:

" I knew that you would arrive! The NES is omniscient and told me everything because I'm his word. Me and him are the same thing. The NES foresaw that you will beat me, then you'll face the NES that will delete you from this world. Now let's battle!"

After those words Marduk attacked me with his level 69 Kadabra but Eevee managed to win without too much trouble.

I followed a corridor to the left leading in another hall, near a wall I found another bag full of potions that I used to heal my pokemon and prepare for the difficult battle I was about to face.

Oak and Bill were already there: a huge and menacing machine stood in front of them.

The NES with his robotic voice began:
    "AHAHAHAHA! Fools! Do you really think that you can defeat who created you? You fool can't stand a chance against a god. In the short time you will stay here, I will destroy you!"

The battle began and that robotic thing at level 91 started to attack, Pikachu was able to avoid an impressive hydro pump attack that destroyed a wall instead and counter attack with a thunder wave that paralyzed the target. Quickly I switched in Eevee that was heavily damaged by a flamethrower and a quick attack dealing to him a critical damage.

The pokemon born from the horrible experiment of Bill, started to attack with razor leaf and gigadrain in order to heal his wounds. The battle continued for some time but in the end the NES healed completely himself with some rotten meat and managed to win.

At that point I had a plan: I sent out Gastly that with his attack was able to curse the opponent dealing tons of damages all over the time before getting obliterated from a single flamethrower.

Then I sent out Mega Hypno, sure that he would get the job done, but he got KOed with a single hit.

No matter what the strategy was, every time the NES was near to death he used potions to restore all of his health, so I decided to resort to drastic solutions: I revived my Gastly waiting for the proper time to sent him in battle in order to end this match once for all.

Finally the opportunity presented itself: Aerodactyl were defeated and I was able to sent out Gastly without the risk of getting hit and KOed istantly from the NES.

Thanks to the paralisys my pokemon was able to attack first with his destiny bond move: and when the NES defeated him with his devastating hydro pump, Gastly thanks of his ghost technique took his opponent with him allowing me to finally defeat the NES!

Euphoric for the amazing victory I turned to my friends to celebrate the moment with them, but with horror I found out that they becomed pale and turned into stone.

I was in panic, we've finally won but something went wrong and I had to help them at all costs!
    After a while, I found a mysterious corridor where a fresh air come from.

I followed the path founding myself on a beach where an old man with two demonic horns in his head smiled at me and said:

"I was waiting you dear Drk!"
    "Who the hell are you? And How did I get here?" I said, "What? I started to talk once again..."

Belzebù, the old man continuing to smile at me said:

"I know what you did. You destroyed a deity from another universe. Because of that, that universe were destroyed with all of his life forms and your friends... But don't worry, destroying that deity, you becomed a deity too and because of that you was able to survive the destruction and approach here.
    I was tired to be the only god here, with your arrival I'll have some company.
    See you in the temple
    "

After those words, Belzebù left, and I was able to explore that new universe.
    That place was a paradise inhabitated by peaceful pokemon that woshipped me as their deity.

After a while I found a little cave and when I entered I woke up.

Now I'm here in the Kanto asylum tied to my bed, and no matter what, no one wants to listen nor believe to my incredible adventure.

Doctor Shaun is talking to the nurse near my bed ignoring my words, now they are leaving me alone, I feel tired and I fall asleep once again reviving in my dreams all my adventures.

THE END.​

Back