• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Primary Zero: Beta Testers Wanted!

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2021
    Greetings all! I've been working on this project since June 2019, and it has finally gotten so big that I really can't test it all myself.

My goal is to extend the game past the Elite Four and add some True End-Game content. I'm hoping to release the full version by end of this year, and I'd like to have it as bug-free as possible, by then.

I've added Dark, Fairy, and Steel types, and synchronized movesets to the latest gen. The game currently supports 248(!) pokemon, but I have not implemented them all just yet. The additional 97 will come from all future generations, to balance out the types, and introduce interesting party options. I've also created 10 new color palettes.

I have already partially implemented a post-game League with 24(!!) gyms (16 new), and I have 8(!!!) Battle Towers, each with different rules and restrictions, in the works.
    If you are at all interested, I have set up a Discord Server, where you will be able to submit bug reports, and everything associated with that.

I'd love to post a discord link, but I haven't made at least 5 posts yet, so I have broken the link. If a mod could help me put a link to my Bug Reports Discord Server here, I'd much appreciate it.

Discord Bug Report Server: https:// discord.gg/yzj4Wc4

In the mean time, I've attached the .bps patch for v0.22.0. I have it set up so that future patches are automatically released on the discord when I code them, so that's probably the easiest way to do that.

MODS: If I've done something wrong, or this is not the right place for this, I'm very sorry. Please let me know and/or do the needful.

Credits:
    • HUGE Thank you to Pret and all of the other community members who have worked on the disassembly project for Pokemon Red, without whom this hack would not exist.
    • MASSIVE Thanks to Rangi42 whose "Polished Map" software is the straight up bomb diggety.
    • BIG DUE THANKS to all of the creators who have posted their own discoveries about the ridiculous nuances associated with coding in Assembly Language.
    • and The ULTIMATE Thank you to Nintendo and Game Freak, without whom we'd all be playing something else, lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      182.6 KB · Views: 39
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      195.2 KB · Views: 31
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      191.9 KB · Views: 29
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      134 KB · Views: 34
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      165.1 KB · Views: 32
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      188 KB · Views: 32
    • v0.22.0.bps
      80.5 KB · Views: 21
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2021
    We are already on patch 0.24.3! If you're interested in getting involved, please head over to the discord server! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2021
    If you're interested in getting in on this project, now's an awesome time to do so! I've just updated to patch 0.26.0, and the patch is relatively stable. I need more feedback to make this hack the best it can possibly be. All help is welcome. :)

Hop into the discord to download the patch. :)

Back