• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] Free Space Finder has stpped working

Years
Hello guys i'm new here and i really want to know why the fsf is not working my laptop .. I tried to look for solutions but i can't find any so i hope finally i can find solution here ..

Years
Did u try to download it from

Yes i tried that one .. Maybe i'm using it the wrong way .. am i supposed to just open it and load a rom ? Because if it is, i can't even open fsf so i think its my laptop that has the problem .. (Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

FireFig

Ignite
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
Or u can use any hex editor to find free space (find any offset with a lotta F's) as an alternative :)

Years
Or u can use any hex editor to find free space (find any offset with a lotta F's) as an alternative :)

I really don't how I'm going to do that .. Can you give some tips on how to do that ? Or just let me know where i can find some tutorials for that ?

FireFig

Ignite
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
I really don't how I'm going to do that .. Can you give some tips on how to do that ? Or just let me know where i can find some tutorials for that ?

ITS DAMN EASY MATE !!!

FIRSTLY, Download HxD editor (coz its the best) then install it in ur laptop, then just open ur ROM in it (you will figure the locations for opening urself :) then u jus gotta scroll down (like a lot) then u will find urself in a section full of F's , finally write down the offsets and repoint ur data and WALA u have got urself free space :)

P.s : FSF does the same but lessens ur work of scrolling and leaving empty spaces in between (fsf correctly finds the space required)

It is best alternative I can think of :)

Even I used it for a while coz my fsf was quite bugged :|

Years
ITS DAMN EASY MATE !!!

FIRSTLY, Download HxD editor (coz its the best) then install it in ur laptop, then just open ur ROM in it (you will figure the locations for opening urself :) then u jus gotta scroll down (like a lot) then u will find urself in a section full of F's , finally write down the offsets and repoint ur data and WALA u have got urself free space :)

P.s : FSF does the same but lessens ur work of scrolling and leaving empty spaces in between (fsf correctly finds the space required)

It is best alternative I can think of :)

Even I used it for a while coz my fsf was quite bugged :|

Sorry for late reply .. Men thank you it really works .. Before your last reply, i tried to do what i understand from what you said, finding lots of FF's with a hex editor i use HxD.. And it works ! Thanks man !

FireFig

Ignite
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
Sorry for late reply .. Men thank you it really works .. Before your last reply, i tried to do what i understand from what you said, finding lots of FF's with a hex editor i use HxD.. And it works ! Thanks man !

Anytime mate :)

Back