• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Dreams of Time

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Hello there! I've always been a fan of Pokemon, it's a series I grew up with and it makes up some of the most important parts of my childhood. And so, with that in mind, I've also always had some ideas that I wanted to make reality and, eventually, share with the community at large. This history, Pokemon Essentials, and RPG Maker XP will be what makes up the backbone of the potential Dreams of Time project - or DoT for short, if you prefer.

THE STORY

The story of the land starts simply, in a region that has become both foreign and familiar - one created within the violent forge swirling in the vast vortex of space and time, pieces of the past, present, and future eventually colliding to shake the very foundation of the residents of Anion's perception of reality itself. Five years ago, your single mother vanished in the wake of a string of disappearances, leaving you to the care of Professor Pine - dear friend of the family, biological grandmother to your best friend, and a grandmother figure to the rest of the young souls in the small town of Brisslecone - including yourself. Now though, you're older, and the childhood home you grew up in is once more yours to live in by right of inheritance. Things feel almost off somehow, but at least seem to mostly be on the up and up...

Until the dreams start. Some of them are nightmares, you're aware of that much - but no matter how hard you try, the memory of them fades the moment you wake up. You think it's the house, and all the old memories attached to it... But other strange things have been happening lately, haven't they? People have started disappearing again, and this time there's been individuals cropping up with claims of guilt - but they've proven evasive, making announcements and disappearing before the police can catch them, so nobody knows of any culprit for sure. There's been talk of everything being the work of some mysterious no-good team, much like the ones in other regions - every region always winds up having at least one of them, right? Either way, it's not something you or any other sane person would want to get involved in. You're just trying to live and move on with your life, and surely the authorities or, worst case scenario, the regional Pokemon League will be able to handle the situation. You, you're too focused on the upcoming Brisslecone Tournament - unlike in other regions, trainer hopefuls are not simply given a starter pokemon. In Anion, towns and cities across the region hold a special competition every year or so - you pick your chosen partner-to-be and then, in the Tournament, you must display your ability to bond and work together to earn your right to stay as partners. You've tried every year, and with your chosen pokemon always being utterly uncooperative, you've never won... It's odd, because you've never had problems with any pokemon except the would-be starters at the Tournament. But with some recent occurrences across the region, there are new potential partners to select from, and this time, you're determined to earn your right of passage - Anion style.

What or who are the Time Pillars? Additionally, who or what is Tyrhee, and why - and even more importantly, how- are they calling out to you? What does Celebi have to do with any of this?

The day before the Tournament is where your story begins, and it's not about winning. It's about moving forward.​

Potential features
Spoiler:

Credits for the resources/packs/scripts/tools that will or might be used:

POKEMON ESSENTIALS:
Maruno
(if there's other individuals involved in the development of Essentials, please inform me so I know who to credit! I looked and looked but couldn't find a proper credits list.)

ULTIMATE BW PACK:
P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

PKMN S&M PACK:
Credits:
BlackOutG5
Rune
Zeak6464
https://projectpokemon.org

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
you ever play sillant hill 4 the room? living in some evil mans memories because you lived in there apartment. maybe that will jolt some ideas in your head

Years
Just feedback I will give you which is don't go for putting all the pokemon into your game for now just get to have 200 then you can maybe start adding more.

Wulu

just some guy
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 27, 2017
The features are looking hella nice. Only problem is that I've seen many game developers spewing out features they can't deliver because of the actual work needed to put them to action. Hope you're ready for the trip.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
65113635.jpg

cac.png

raw

Download-Hype-gif.gif

but seriously are you sure you can handle all of this?
it looks like (at least) 2 years of work only for story and scripting features.

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm loving all those features and how you can even choose to become a good or bad guy, or even stay right between the two. I'd say if you can deliver on them, it does have potential to be one of the best fan games out there. Also, since you can choose to challenge the gym or not... Would that mean that if you finally decide to do them, and the average level of your pokemon is 30, would the first gym's pokemon still be at 5-10 or so and have unevolved pokemon? Assuming you do the first gym that you saw in the game of course.

Back