• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] pokemon tcg card opening simulator

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    hi, I have an idea.
    I really like opening pokemon cards but I dont have any money :(
    so I thought "maybe there are simulators for that" and I only found one that is not working properly.
    so I wanna make it. a booster opening simulator.
    but it's not all!
    what did you think? that it will be packs and just opening them?
    well nope.
    my plan is to have the base set for free and then you'll have a collection and you can sell cards for game money and buy packs except the base set.
    another problem is that I dont have a program to make it in. if anyone want to reference a game engine ore a program I can create it in or just want to help then post here!

thanx!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    well an update:
    i have game maker studio 2 but again I don't know how to code...
    help? ideas?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I guess there must be YouTube tutorials on how to make games with GMS2? Or you could follow a programming tutorial for a relatively straightforward language like Python that should teach you the fundamentals, that you could then apply to whatever language GMS2 uses.

Years
  • Yu-gi-Oh has a pretty good version of what you're describing, which you can find easily by searching "yugioh pack simulator" on Google. If you're hoping to build an audience/community of people using your app, I think web would be the way to go. That would mean learning the basics of HTML, CSS, Javascript, and probably some tech like React, Django, etc. This way you could ditch the profit model you described - which, by the way, likely wouldn't work out because people would use your pack simulator to avoid spending money - and instead, profit off of ad revenue.

That's what I have to say as far as suggesting an 'engine' or 'program' to build this with. On another note, what you want to build might be too tall a task for someone with no coding experience. Certainly not impossible! Just difficult. Like what's been already said, it would be useful to start out following some tutorials to learn the fundamentals.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    I don't know a whole lot about coding either but I can try to learn and help you a little bit because i was looking for the same exact thing lol.

Back