• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did Game Freak run out of paper?

Mylabugz

Mylakip
Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2017
    I never read the manuals until I beat the whole thing, but it really irritates me that the club nintendo game was in the back of the cover. If I hadn't noticed it when I did I would have thrown it away and assumed that nintendo isn't doing that anymore because I didn't get any notice that they were changing the location of the code all of a sudden.

Years
  • To be honest, the little booklets that you got with your games were THE reason for me to actually buy a copy. I just loved collecting and reading those booklets. Now, more than ever with the R4 roms and the sorts, they need to do things like this to make buying a physical copy more attractive, but instead they do the opposite...

A shame.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I was thinking that this thread is maybe better for the gaming section, not just ORAS. The fact ORAS comes with barely any paper instructions only made my decision to buy the digital version stronger, and I'll buy every subsequent 3DS title in the eShop as well.

One of the big reasons for the existence of NoCD cracks, besides piracy, was to eliminate the need to replace CDs on the drive. I kinda find it annoying to have to carry game cards around and replace them when I want to play a different game.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • You know I found the title a little funny but it might should have been an actual great question, I mean look at how much Game Freak / Nintendo has really sorta slacked off on what they are producing Pokemon wise, I mean even playing ORAS is almost an exact twin of the original ruby and sapphire, I mean even with the gold and silver remakes, they changed it up way more than these 2 games.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • You know I found the title a little funny but it might should have been an actual great question, I mean look at how much Game Freak / Nintendo has really sorta slacked off on what they are producing Pokemon wise, I mean even playing ORAS is almost an exact twin of the original ruby and sapphire, I mean even with the gold and silver remakes, they changed it up way more than these 2 games.

Remakes = easy money. They reuse entire dialogues/Pokémon encounter rates/trainer rosters and the fans keep buying it because of "nostalgia". I think even people who support remakes will agree that new games take far more effort on GF's part. HGSS was even developed by a different team.

Though they did add a fair bit to ORAS, definitely not as much as HGSS, but RS didn't have much room for improvement anyway, not because of the quality of the game but because it came full circle and most of the stuff was pretty developed, unlike in GSC where Kanto was lacking a lot of stuff compared to RBY. So they added a Rayquaza story (which is more than even Emerald had) and, to keep things up to date, the Mega Evolution miniquests.

Last edited:
    Back