• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Gen IV, V, VI and VII moves and abilities (.ini)

Years
Hello there!

I'm new here and I'm having some issues trying to add moves and abilities by myself (using PGE).

Someone has a .ini file with the moves and abilities of Gen IV, V, VI and VII?

OBS.: I tried to use the MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack patch, but I had no sucess (I had issues with my rom when I tried to patch it).

OBS?: I've already expanded my rom to have space to new moves and abilities.

Thank you and sorry if there's some thread like that. I looked until the 15th page of this forum and don't find anything except the mentioned patch...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
Hello there!

I'm new here and I'm having some issues trying to add moves and abilities by myself (using PGE).

Someone has a .ini file with the moves and abilities of Gen IV, V, VI and VII?

OBS.: I tried to use the MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack patch, but I had no sucess (I had issues with my rom when I tried to patch it).

OBS?: I've already expanded my rom to have space to new moves and abilities.

Thank you and sorry if there's some thread like that. I looked until the 15th page of this forum and don't find anything except the mentioned patch...

Don't have an .ini file, but I have this link for the list of moves. Everything after 354 Psycho Boost was added after Gen III. I also have this link for the abilities, but sadly it's not in order of when they were introduced. It does have a column saying when they were introduced, though, so you can just use that and go through the list manually, skipping out any Gen III abilities.

Years
Thank you so much! :D

I'll take a look on it!

EDIT: The list helps a lot, but the problem is how to add the moves effects and especially the skills. I can't find a tool or something that can do it (the only way I found is importing a ini file with the information that I need).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
Thank you so much! :D

I'll take a look on it!

EDIT: The list helps a lot, but the problem is how to add the moves effects and especially the skills. I can't find a tool or something that can do it (the only way I found is importing a ini file with the information that I need).

I've never tried to add any new abilities so sadly I can't help you with that, but for moves this tutorial for FireRed and this tutorial for Emerald are relatively easy to follow and should be helpful.

Back