• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"No implicit conversion from nil to integer" in my custom script

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    This is using Pokemon Essentials V15.1 Gen 6.

So, I've been working on a new script for Pokemon Essentials, and basically what happens is this: it gives me the error that you see below, whenever I initialize the scene in the medium screen setting. Whenever I initialize the scene in Large, I do not get this error.

At the moment, I've been learning a lot, when it comes to programming in RGSS, but I do not know how to go about fixing this error, at the moment, since this only applies to the new scene that I've been working on.

Exception: TypeError
    Sprite_Resizer:302:in `_xeq_SpriteResizer'
    Sprite_Resizer:302:in `x='
    SpriteWindow:1923:in `x='
    SpriteWindow:4759:in `initialize'
    Ability Matrix:11:in `new'
    Ability Matrix:11:in `pbAddSprite'
    Ability Matrix:84:in `initialize'
    Custom Menu:629:in `new'
    Custom Menu:629:in `pbChooseSelection'
    Custom Menu:331:in `pbBeginMenu'

And this only started happening around the time that I upgraded to Windows 10, and when I started including these few lines of code into my new script: These were added in, post upgrade to Windows 10. I've been working on this personal project of mine for a few weeks now, and started making a lot of headway, but, I'd hate for it all to stop, because of this issue that I'm having.

Spoiler:

For some reason, those 2 lines of code piss off RGSS so hard that it causes this error to occur. But, in my script I use graphics to indicate that certain things are turned on or off. I don't know why it's just THOSE 2 lines of code and nothing else.

Update: For some odd reason... restarting my computer fixed it.

........ why? Why though? Why does that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back