• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for Advice

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
Years
  • I'm the webmistress (yes that is a word) of Lugia's Cavern, a site that has been open for about 7 months. It's here. I know that not all the content is up yet, as the going is rather slow, but do you have any suggestions for how to make my site better other that 'more content'?

Thanks much.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • You need a better layout, content, and a new host. There are a few good free hosts out there- Funpic (www.funpic.org) might be good for you.
    *moves topic to Showcase*

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I think mainly it's just too...blue...
    You also might want to get rid of the underline under the links.

00Zero

banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2006
    The banner kinda freaks me out,it looks like copy and pasted from Paint!

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
    Years
  • Well, blue being 1.my fave color and 2.Lugia's secondary color, I do want to keep a decent amount of it. And I don't know how to get rid of the underline.

The banner was not slapped together in Paint. It took two hours on Image Composer eight months ago, and while my work has progressed beyond that since then and it could stand to be redone, I don't think it's that horrendous.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
  • I think your fansite looks very good. I don?t think that all sites should look the same or even professional. I think a fansite is an extension of yourself (your interests). The only think I recommend changing is the width of the body of the content page. I?m sure it looks fine on your browser but with my resolution it expands beyond the banner.
    If I were you I would just set the body of the page to the same size as the banner.

Back