• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] SS Anne editing

Years
  • So I have no edit how to fix this one. I couldn't find the script in either the ship's person event or a map script. The biggest thing I need to change is how many steps the player walks up after the ship leaves and where they reappear back in vermillion city.

would also like to know how to change the smoke and water trail graphics, but the above is more important.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • The script that plays when the S.S Anne leaves is located at 0x160859 and should be the second level script on that map. You can use the original level script as a base as there are a few important specials/ variable changes and repoint it when you're happy with the edited movements/ warp destination.

As for the graphics, you can find the water trail starting at 0x479838 with the cloud being found immediately after it as well. The best way to edit them would be opening your ROM with NSE 2.1, navigating to the above pointer and setting the width to 16 and height to 2. The palette is the same one that the ship itself uses so be careful when editing it. You can find the palette at 0x395AE8.

Last edited:
    Years
  • oh wow, i haven't had to edit a map with two level scripts yet, so that totally slipped my mind.

there wouldn't happen to be a way to edit where the smoke appears would there? i basically need it to be one block lower

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • There should be something in special 0x191 that controls the smoke's Y-coordinate, but I'm no good with ASM so I don't know. Hopefully somebody else can help with that~

Back