• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Assistance for custom starter.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
So I am new to this scripting. I am wondering that if there is a script that makes the player choose from one pokemon activated after talking to an NPC. If you need to know the grand pokemon you get to "choose" from is a Poochyena.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 26, 2019
You probably want to use a series of flags and checkflags within your script. Flag 0x828 is the flag that allows players to access their Pokemon menu, in your case I would use it at the start of your script to make sure that the player can't just pick a second Pokemon after they receive their first. Flags such as these vary from Rom to Rom, there's a list of them online if you look for them. 0x828 is a FireRed flag btw.

Back