• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Amethyst

Years
  • Hello guys,

I am Frosyce and i love the rom hacking community, so i decide to make my own game but i am the worst programmer ever (even when a got a 1 or A at school haha). I have tried a lot of things, and i can some stuff but i need a team that help me to make my idea real. i also will pay a little bit. The author of dark realm (duchuy) allready will help me but he have a lot of stress. so basicly we are 2 people right now but im still alone becaue of duchuys job and stress. also sry for my bad english, its not my main language.

about the story and overview:
    I wanna make a pre story about mystery dungeon sky/darkness/time including a lot of eastereggs, 2 new types, timetraveling (then i wanna use old gen 2 tiles if thats posssible) and lot more. im still thinking about it.
    the hero (17) will start like the hoenn region because i love that (or we create a new one idk yet). your mom get a new job in a new region (idk the name yet) so u travel to that region and life now there. she will get a gym leader (8 gym was my plan). the hero havent much done with pokemon but in new region something happend (celebi will apper and say that the hero will be a hero and celebi needs him because team rocket are collecting crypto pokemon and wanna start a war with shadow dialga) then he decided to get a trainer because celebi say that his sister will be also in danger, and then the journey starts... the region should be mostly snow but the south is normally. i also wanna create tiles that are black and dark like the future of mystery dungeon. i also wanna make 2 routes of the game (if thats possible with a rom) like bad and good guy and 2 girlfriends/boyfriends for the player. but im still planing a lot of stuff.

what i have tested so far:
    - i create a midi file of stickerbush symphony and have included it in my test rom and it worked i guess(yes i will use this soundtrack no matter what)
    - i tried to port some tiles but failed idk why
    - i have tried some little scripts, all worked but for a whole game im bad
    - i tried to port one fakemon and the game crashes after seeing it
    - i created on of the maps that shown in the bottom with current tiles (advanced map)
    - i write all my ideas down in a note
    - the story is in my head but not finished yet but i take your ideas aswell aslong every easteregg is included
    - i created a new trainer (richie from the anime) but only 1 side of him. this cause some color fails for other trainer sprites i guess
    - i used emerald as base. ruby or saphire would be also fine

what i need:
    literly everyone who want to help haha
    - a scrippter that will make the game running (event and stuff like this)
    - a guy that can make new tiles and put them into a editor (i will map then and off course i will need help with that too)
    - a grafik designer that make sprites and other stuff like world map and trainers
    - i also wanna use current existent fanpokemon but idk if thats ok if we just use them (i will put them in the credits anyways)
    - a guy that make the bootscreen and later the credits ( i wanna put all people that helped in the credits)
    - a guy that can perfect german and english (i wanna make this game in german and english because there are too less german rom hacks, like after the game is done we translate it into german)
    - if its possible to change the secrete bases i wanna do that too if it causes problems then not (like putting a secret base to the first town)

i allready make 2 maps with a graphic editor, i hope we can rebuild it in the actually game:

134df858dee6bdba227f4ebb16da9610.png

24ef329e4e922d5b54c5921293bbc3ed.png

we also have discord, feel free to join and discuss about the recruitment or the game itself.
    ~Discord~

Last edited:
    Back