• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A Pokemon Story

Data

Crystal Chocobo
Years
  • Now for Part 4... sure hope I'm not reported for spamming because of this... Anyway! Things look dim for Data, but... bah, I'll let you find out.

Chapter 5 Part 3: Never Leaving Your Side

Data couldn't look. He gazed at the ground and waited for the cry of Digit to fill the air. He stood still and expected the worse… but the cry never came. (What…?) He raised his head and opened his eyes, and gasped with what he saw. A Blissey stood in front of Digit, taking the blow of the four Hyper Beams with Protect. CKY staggered and fumed. "What?! What is this?! You said you would only use one Pokémon!" A familiar voice from behind Data replied "It's impolite to leave a woman behind, you know." Data's eyes widened as he turned around and saw Paige standing in the grass with Mooey and Myth by her side. His eyes started to leak as he said "Paige… what are you…?" Mooey and Myth hopped onto the field as Paige replied "I WOULD be saying 'I told you so', but I think the more fair option would be giving you some extra hands." Data smiled slightly. "Paige…" "I'm never leaving your side from now on." Paige ran up to the field and halted beside him. "Now let's kick his royal butt!" Data wiped away his tears with his sleeve and nodded. "Mooey, use Rollout and keep Raichu and Exploud occupied! Myth, use Metrenome and try your best to take the attention of Aerodactyl and Weezing off of Digit! Eggy, use Soft Boiled and heal Digit back to full health!" The three Pokémon nodded and performed their instructions. CKY started to boil as he screamed "This is an unfair fight! I demand that you surrender for breaking the rules!" Data replied with "I said that I would use one Pokémon. I said nothing about accepting outside help. Plus, this evens out the battle, so it's perfectly allowable." CKY stuttered, and then growled as he stomped onto the ground repeatedly. Mooey, rolling around and gathering dirt and rocks onto its body, struck both Exploud and Raichu in the back, making each one fall down. Myth waved her finger and used Psybeam, which struck Aerodactyl and Weezing down. Paige pumped her fist into the air. "Booyah! That's all of them!" Data nodded, but noticed that the four Pokémon struggled to stand up. Paige chuckled. "Heh. They sure are persistent. Would you do the honors, Data?" Data nodded and looked over to Digit, who was back to full health. Digit looked back and beeped. A smile creased Data's face as he yelled "OK, Digit! Final blow! Finish them off with a full blast Tri-Attack!" Digit nodded, and then rose above the field. Its tail started to glow as a spinning triangle circled it. Finally, it focused all of its power into the attack and launched a massive energy triangle down upon the four Pokémon. Everyone stared in awe as the field twisted from the immense power. After a moment, the triangle disappeared and the four were found laying on the ground, dazed looks on each of their faces.

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Finally, here's part 4. This is the chapter where we finally learn a little bit about the past of Data we ALL want to know. Enjoy.

Chapter 5 Part 4: No Such Thing as Weak

Data stared for a minute at the misshapen ground that the blast left behind, but then looked at Digit and smiled a little. This lasted for a moment until Paige broke the silence and jumped onto Data. "We won! We actually won!" she cried with glee. Data's face flushed a bright red, and he was about to shove her off, but instead just shrugged. All of the Pokémon started to pile on the two, thinking of it as a dog pile. This was the moment that Data squirmed, trying to get free. "O-ok, guys! You can get off now! I can't breathe!" Paige started to give him a noogie, bragging "Come on, you wimp! You can take this!" Everyone in the pile started to laugh, but Data stopped when he noticed CKY on his knees, tears falling from his cheeks. It wasn't long before Paige and the Pokémon noticed as well. Data finally wriggled free from the pile and walked over to him.

CKY looked up at Data and whispered "Hmph. I see you're here to claim your bragging rights… so go ahead. Laugh. Laugh at the dethroned king!" Data stood over him for a few moments, watching him sob, but finally held out a hand to help him up. CKY looked at the hand with a perplexed expression. "I'm not here to brag," Data claimed. "You fought a great battle. Even though you didn't train your Pokémon, they trusted your judgement and stuck with you until the end. You can't really be a bad person if they think of you as a friend." CKY looked at Data, realizing what he'd been doing all this time, then grabbed his hand and got up. "Data… I'm… I'm sorry… I've been wrong for so long… and I've been a jerk to all of you…" Paige walked up and replied "You sure have, but I'm glad you snapped to your senses." Data nodded and said "I'm sure if you start anew, you'll find that there's no such thing as weak Pokémon the same way I found out." Both CKY and Paige looked at Data with confused looks. "What do you mean, Data?" Paige asked.

Data looked at the ground, then said "It all started when my step-dad took that job and my mom and I moved into our new home in the middle district. The first day we spent there, I decided to explore the area. The alleys looked a lot cleaner than the ones near our old house, so I was already fascinated by what I was seeing. It was then that I found the place that changed my life… the PBC." Paige interrupted. "PBC… Pokémon Battle Club? Those have been growing in popularity all around, haven't they?" Data nodded. "I walked in on a Pokémon battle, so I stuck around and watched. The coordination of the Trainer and his Pokémon, the fast paced action… it was exhilerrating. Once the battle was over, the person that seemed to be the head trainer at the club noticed me and walked over. He wanted to know what I was doing there, so I said I was just exploring. He inspected me for a moment, then he had this huge grin. He took a Pokéball from his belt and gave it to me, saying I could have it. I was estatic. I was already a big fan of Pokémon, but before that moment, I only saw them on TV. I couldn't believe it when I held a real Pokémon in my hands. I asked him if he was sure, and his reply… 'It's a weak one, so you can have it. Already have one like it, anyway.' I thanked him and ran home to tell my mom what happened, but on the way, I tripped and dropped the ball. It opened up, and inside it was a Porygon.

"I got up and stared at it for a minute or two, then tried walking up to it and petting it. When I raised my hand to it, it started to make some weird noises. I got scared for a minute, but I managed to be brave and pet it. It seemed to like me, so that's when I named it Digit. It seemed to like the name, and we walked all the way home. The next day, I went out to show my friend who lived a few blocks from me. He was already a Trainer, so we decided to have a battle. He told me what moves Digit knew at the time, so I thought I'd have a decent chance. Short version, I got pounded. He told me that I was too careful and didn't attack enough. So through the week Digit and I trained together, and six days in, he learned Tri-Attack. I asked my friend for a rematch, he accepted, and we battled again. This time, I won. He was amazed that it knew Tri-Attack at such a low level, but I told him that it doesn't matter how weak it was, as long as it believed in its trainer and itself… that there was no such thing as weak at all…"

Paige sniffed a moment after Data was done with his story. "That… that was beautiful…" CKY patted Data on the shoulder. "You are a true trainer. If I ever want to be like you, I'll have to do what you suggested and turn over a new leaf. If you're from Pyrite Town, I shall travel there and discover what value there is in every Pokémon, weak and strong…" CKY took off a completely red Pokéball from the hook on his cape and stared at it. "… starting with this one…" Data scratched the back of his head, saying "Woah there. I understand you want to be a better trainer, but I don't think your parents are going to agree about moving to Pyrite." Paige stepped up and told Data "Oh yeah… I think I forgot to tell you that CKY is also a parentless child billionare." Data's jaw dropped as he replied "Wha… what?! You mean that he… I knew he was rich but… that's insane!" CKY chuckled. "Indeed. I've been able to survive on my own, but a little money helps along the way. Now Data. In my absense, I'm giving you the title as King of Twinleaf. Be sure to keep that title… and take care of your queen, of course." Data looked confused at first, then realized what he was referring to. "What?! Me… and Paige?! No way! We're not like that! We'll NEVER be like that!" Paige leaned up against him and replied "Hmm? And why wouldn't we be? You don't think I'm nice or attractive enough?" "Of course not! You're nice and attractive… wait… oh come on! Now you're just messing with me!" Everyone started to laugh while Data's face was bright red. After a few moments later, CKY waved goodbye to Paige and Data, who walked back home with hands joined to one another.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oooh... whoever likes this chapter, post 1 thumbs up. Likes every chapter, two thumbs. Likes every chapter and believes that Paige and Data are more than best friends... post something random that lets me know that. :3

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Writing structure itself looks good, nice and easy to read. It flows and everything but the more recent chapters lack consistency with the newer ones. The previous chapters were more focused on dialogue whilst the latter, more on action.

The general characterization is something to be left desired. It is hard to feel anything for a character that doesn't have very much going for him/her.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • Oh my Gosh. I LOVE Part 4!

I like pie. <-- to denote that I love all chapters.

Back