• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In what language do you think?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • English or French--and very rarely, Japanese. o_o; My first language is English, but (increasingly so, recently) I tend to slip into French every so often. I honestly don't have anywhere outside of their respective classes to speak French or Japanese, but I find myself thinking and speaking French...a lot. o_O; Like...I'll think all day in French and have to translate what I'm thinking before I say it if I remember to. (If I don't, I usually catch myself before I confuse people too much. XD) And sometimes I'll think in both Japanese and French if I can't remember the word I'm trying to get in one language. It's so weird. XD;

Mostly English, though. I guess. o_O

Years
  • Since the only language I can really speak right now is English, that's the language I think in, of course. The only exceptions would be whenever I was taking foreign language classes...and even then, I think I only thought in French for French class, as I honestly don't remember if I thought in German for German class (I know I kept wanting to mix some French words into German sentences, so maybe I was still thinking in French for that class as well).

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • I pretty much always think in English, and I mean always. o.O

Very rarely some random Hawaiian bits or one of the three Spanish words I know will pop up. XD

Mayl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    I think in english, i don't know much of my parent's language to think with it, heh..

- KSP

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    English, or Korean, and very rarely Chinese;;

Hizuara

Tis the season to be jolly..
    Years
  • When I'm going around my daily life, I think in English. Only in certain circumstances will I think or speak in other languages.

Language lessons - Spanish and German (although I'm not entirely fluent in either ^^)
    Speaking with friends and/or family - Tagalog and Italian
    For fun - Pitiful amounts of Japanese, scraps of French, aaaand .... Quenyan! =D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Interesting poll... I've actually never thought about this. I think in English...

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Frekaily enough,even though it ain?t my first language,I think in English most of the time. O.o

I only think in Portuguese when I?m talking to my family and friends...Everything else,ENGLISH! XD

And well,in French classes,when I?m stuck in a composition,annoyingly enough,I think about the English word for it first,instead of the easiest way to find it,thinking in Portuguese... -_-;

*Shoots self*

~*Praise the Dragons!*~

Last edited:

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
    Years
  • Finish, when I'm in the mood for it and when writing in anything at all in Finish. I also think in Finish when I'm in the mood, or when I'm dreaming.
    It's Finnish

But anyway, I mostly think in Finnish most of the time^^

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    English and Chinese most of the time.. But bits of Japanese will pop out sometimes..

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Yeh i only know english so i speak it.. except in french lessons when i speak little to it, i nomrally mess around so i end up speaking zilch of french

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • I think in three languages, and that is English, Tagalog (language from Philippines) and Maori. Most of the time I'll think in English, cos I'm used to it. I think in Tagalog when I'm talking to other Filipinos cos I'm not that fluent in Tagalog anymore so I'll have to think "Ano ba yung sasabihin ko....." (What was I gonna say?) and then it'll be probably a few seconds then I'll have something translated. As for Maori, I only do that when I'm also talking to Maori people. But not my girlfriend. Even though she's Maori, we have English conversations.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Sine I have this weird kind of paranoia that people can 'hear' my thoughts, I think in Chinese around people who speak English; English around people who speak Chinese. xD

But I always pray in Chinese though. o.o;

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • I think in spanish and english, most of the time I translate from spanish to english in my mind, since I've been talking english for a few years. I still think I'm bilengual though.

Back