• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 5] Husband/Wife White 2 Nuzlocke Let's play: Couple's Consoling!

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
  • Hello! I'm David, my wife's Ali, and we like to play games together! We recently did a Nuzlocke Let's Play of Pokemon White, and we enjoyed it so much that we decided to do White 2 in the build up to Sword and Shield coming out! We'll be doing a normal Nuzlocke run, which should be plenty tense given... well, how hard White was. We'll be posting the updates here, we hope you enjoy!

Here's our first episode, in which we get our starter, and begin hammering out the personality for our protagonist... Long story short: Leia is NOT happy with the adults in her life.

I've asked around and was told this is the place to post this, please let me know if I'm incorrect.

Last edited:

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • One episode in, so it's time to catch some early route mons. And it turns out we've got some good options - particularly for Ali!

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • Our team thus far includes Ottie the quirky stuffed Oshawott, Zac Posen the docile Sewaddle fashion designer, Johnny the bold evil Purrloin, and Lassie the jolly Lillipup who helps us find people stuck down wells. For an early game team, we're REALLY happy with it. Now let's see what they can do!

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • It's time for our first gym battle! Is our pride in our new team well founded, or woefully misplaced? Let's find out!

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • After our last catch, we're feeling pretty good - but we're quite a bit under the level of the next coming gym! If only there were some people around here to beat up... And if only they'd stop. Using. Bide.

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • Time to battle Roxie for our second gym badge in what is EASILY the most New York area we've been to in this game - a dirty underground performing area plastered in posters without anyone present. We're home!

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • We're ready for our close up! We're now at the unskippable Pokestar Studios, and we can't decide if we want it to end asap, or last FOREVER. Come watch us shout about movies, this isn't a good part of the game but it IS a good episode!

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • Having gotten Pokestar Studios out of the way, we can now make our way to Castelia City, and to some new chances to catch Pokemon! Wish us luck for them good catches?

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • When last we played, our rival who sucks a lot demanded we follow him down into the sewers. Wow, that sounds like a place where it'd be easy to get lost. Good thing we have perfect senses of direction.

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • Now that we have advanced this far in the plot, we've opened up five new areas we can catch pokemon in! Among them, we find a Shakespearean lady, a luxury fashion brand, and, strangely... your waifu? But amidst all these new catches, will everyone last the episode?

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • It seems to us there's been a level jump! All these trainers around us are near or above our level, and the fights are getting tense... that's what you come here for, right?

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • We've caught a bunch of new Pokemon, and we've trained against a bunch of trainers. It's time for us to show what we can do, and strut our stuff on the catwalk in the 4th gym against Elesa in the Nimbasa City Gym!

And hey, it's not STRICTLY relevant to our challenge, but I just had to share this... our friend BDZB comics made a whole video ranking the top 10 Pokemon from our White Nuzlocke! We thought this was kind of amazing, check it out!

Last edited:

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • Having conquered Elesa, it's time to turn towards Driftveil City, and the many tragedies that await us. I mean opportunities.

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • You want tension? You want tough fights? We've got the episode for you. Come watch us take on Clay in the Driftveil City gym for our fifth badge!

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • Hey, want to see how the Pokemon World Tournament goes for us? It's a format we can't heal in. Why would that EVER be a problem?

I found Clay the toughest of all. Let's see how you folks go on:) That near-death was a scare, though!

Yeah, there were more near death scares in there than I I'm comfortable with...

Couples-Consoling

Years
  • With the surf HM in hand, we're now able to go catch some very cool new Pokemon in Mistralton Cave. But on the way there, something happens to make us question... what happened to our old protagonist in between this game and the last?

Back