• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2021
    Which of the two better to EV train Macho Brace or Power Belts, did the latter get buff assuming Macho Brace was?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Which of the two better to EV train Macho Brace or Power Belts, did the latter get buff assuming Macho Brace was?

If I recall, the Power items give a plus 8 to the EVs you get where as the Macho Brace simply doubles the EVs you normally get. So on that basis, the Power items are technically better, but I could be wrong since this hack tosses anything I knew out the window.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Love the background pokemon and bag stat and gen 8th pokemon sprites including ice/Steel sandslash. also love the randomizer of normal/hard. i cant wait for the completion of the game

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Love the background pokemon and bag stat and gen 8th pokemon sprites including ice/Steel sandslash. also love the randomizer of normal/hard. i cant wait for the completion of the game

Thank you for reminding me about Sandshrew/Sandslash being Ice and Steel in their Alolan form. I forgot about them since I'm now onto an ice types only run.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Thank you for reminding me about Sandshrew/Sandslash being Ice and Steel in their Alolan form. I forgot about them since I'm now onto an ice types only run.

awesome, i hope to find ice vulpix on Hard Randomizer

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Well, despite the use of Walk Through Walls shennanigans to build the team, I'm having a rather smooth time in my Ice Types only run. Only had to do one reset against Game Corner Giovanni so I could see what kind of speed I needed against his Nidoking. I also beat Erika on my first shot, which was a first.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Giovanni's ground-type were hard enough in the 1st gen red and 3rd gen Fire Red. but add the Hard/Normal Randomizer and who knows what the Rocket Boss will have on his belt

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • excuse me if I'm asking something the guide specifies, but I'm doing this all on mobile without a good search for the documents. route 20 doesn't seem to be listed for what pokemon you can capture and I'm not sure where to find a luvdisk for the heart shards. anyone have any pointers?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2021
    excuse me if I'm asking something the guide specifies, but I'm doing this all on mobile without a good search for the documents. route 20 doesn't seem to be listed for what pokemon you can capture and I'm not sure where to find a luvdisk for the heart shards. anyone have any pointers?

You can fish for Luvdisc's in Vermillion with a good/super rod. I forget which one I used.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • excuse me if I'm asking something the guide specifies, but I'm doing this all on mobile without a good search for the documents. route 20 doesn't seem to be listed for what pokemon you can capture and I'm not sure where to find a luvdisk for the heart shards. anyone have any pointers?

Make sure you have a Pokemon that has Frisk as its Ability and knows Thief or Covet and use the Super Rod in Vermillion. You'll get enough Heart Scales in time. Just walk out of the Vermillion PokeCenter and head straight down then use the Super Rod.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Alright, Ice Types Only run is over. Ended at the Rival Fight after the Roaming Legendaries are unlocked. Honestly, Ice types got much further than any of the other runs I've done. But it still isnt enough.

EDIT- I think I'm gonna call it quits for this hack for now. It's just too difficult for me to complete.

Last edited:
    Back