• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] Would doing this make ''Pokemon; The First Movie'' Better or Worse?

Would replacing the gang from The Original Series with The XY Series actually make "Pokemon: Th

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    I have a Question for all you Pokefans out there in honor of the 19th Anniversary of when The North American (English) Version of "Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back (1998)" was released in Theatres. Would replacing the gang from The Original Series with The XY Series actually make "Pokemon: The First Movie" Better or Worse? First, Watch the Video, then post your answer (and more) in either the forum or on one of these 2 websites here, or here, Okay?
    –––
    • If you want to see My Collage of Pokemon: The First Movie, then go to http://fav.me/dbrszam
    • If you want to create the story, then go to https://www.fanfiction.net/

Vragon

Considering that movie is iconic to that specific cast and not the XY one (who have their own flaws as a cast) I would honestly see it as a poor attempt of a re-vamping. You could write it well perhaps, but there is the issue with advertising it as the redo of the first movie with the XY cast.

Like, you could try making a good original movie for XY (Volcanion I'm sorry you couldn't do that) instead of revampings like Pokémon the 20th movie that rely more or less on the old content, just adjusted. If you did make a revamp of the movie, it would have to be with a cast Ash traveled with at the time that would be relevant to the plot, since mewtwo was in the anime (and somewhat more in continuity with the movie as well).

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    Honestly, I could see it not doing well.

Considering that movie is iconic to that specific cast and not the XY one (who have their own flaws as a cast) I would honestly see it as a poor attempt of a re-vamping. You could write it well perhaps, but there is the issue with advertising it as the redo of the first movie with the XY cast.

Like, you could try making a good original movie for XY (Volcanion I'm sorry you couldn't do that) instead of revampings like Pokémon the 20th movie that rely more or less on the old content, just adjusted. If you did make a revamp of the movie, it would have to be with a cast Ash traveled with at the time that would be relevant to the plot, since mewtwo was in the anime (and somewhat more in continuity with the movie as well).

If you Look at My Collage of Pokemon: The First Movie, here: http://fav.me/dbrszam, and take into account that I'm an Amourshipper, then you'll understand why I suggested the Question to all the Pokefans around the world.

Vragon

If you Look at My Collage of Pokemon: The First Movie, here: http://fav.me/dbrszam, and take into account that I'm an Amourshipper, then you'll understand why I suggested the Question to all the Pokefans around the world.

Hey, you put a thread up for thoughts on this subject and I obliged. I get you are a shipper and I'm not saying anything regarding to that, since it was irrelevant to my comment to begin with. I have my thoughts as you have yours on this and in my opinion a movie like that wouldn't work if not be sub par due to it already having a casting that worked for it, Being linked to the older anime and thus having a cast that's grown on us (and the counter example of the 20th movie doesn't work due to that one being at the start of his journey as in a play on the first episode rather than the movie being in around the middle of the anime) and overall the difficulties in making such a concept work that would make it an option peeps would consider doing.

Back