• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Customizing arrow at the end of messages

yonicstudios

Game Developer
Years
  • In the Pokémon Essentials Wiki, the arrow at the end of a message looks exactly as the one in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen.

Customizing arrow at the end of messages

But in Pokémon Essentials 16.2, even if I change the default windowskin to the one of FireRed and LeafGreen, the arrow will be misplaced at the lower right corner and have the same look as the arrow of HeartGold and SoulSilver, I think.

How do I customize the arrow so that it looks exactly like the one depicted in the Pokémon Essentials wiki? That is, the arrow looking and moving the same way as FireRed and LeafGreen and placing it to the right of the last character in the message. I'm guessing I'll have to edit a script section like Messages or Window.

EDIT: It might be of use if anyone could refer the version of Essentials when this image was taken, so that I can download it and look for differences in the scripts between the referred version an 16.2.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    It's a graphic called "pause.png" inside your Pictures folder. If you need to change the position of each arrow mode (settings inside SpriteWindow I think?), find def moveCursor inside SpriteWindow. Around that class you'll also find more settings such as how many frames should the graphic have etc.

Back