• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle✓] Roaming Pokemon and Item Evolutions (Fire Red)

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • Hello!

I was just curious with two things concerning item evolution, as well as Roaming Pokemon, my question is for both:
    1. How are Roaming Pokemon edited, is there a specific offset for it in which I need to change to a corresponding Index number of what Pokemon I want to make Roam?

2. I've seen many ROM Hacks implement more evolutionary items, such as the Ice Stone, Dawn Stone, Shiny Stone etc., but how would I be able to make specifically items such as Metal Coat act as an evolutionary item? As well as this, how to add in any of the other evolutionary items found in later generations?

Any help and assistance would be appreciated :D

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Slash

Years
  • You can use JPAN's hacked engine to custom-code legendaries in FireRed.

Wait, so with this engine, I have one question, does it introduce any PSS? I've heard of the engine before, like how it can make Headbutt trees possible, but I asked this as my hack is intended not to have PSS. :D I'll still look into JPAN's hacked engine though. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Wait, so with this engine, I have one question, does it introduce any PSS? I've heard of the engine before, like how it can make Headbutt trees possible, but I asked this as my hack is intended not to have PSS. :D I'll still look into JPAN's hacked engine though. :D

What's PSS stand for?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Physical/Special Split. :)

Nope, I don't think it does. You can apply another ROM base over it if you want to though.

Word of warning, the patch clears default scripts. But not custom scripts.

If you want to keep the default scripts then use the tool not the ips but I've had more success with the ips.

Also the warps for palett town get removed for some reason so you have to add them back.

Ace Trainer Slash

Years
  • Nope, I don't think it does. You can apply another ROM base over it if you want to though.

Word of warning, the patch clears default scripts. But not custom scripts.

If you want to keep the default scripts then use the tool not the ips but I've had more success with the ips.

Also the warps for palett town get removed for some reason so you have to add them back.

Oh, ok then. :D I might try the tool, as I'm not sure how I would add default scripts back. I am making a Hack though that isn't meant to use stuff like Oak giving your starter. One question though, when you mean default scripts, this includes stuff like the old man teaching you how to catch Pokemon, and Oak giving you a Pokemon, correct? :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Oh, ok then. :D I might try the tool, as I'm not sure how I would add default scripts back. I am making a Hack though that isn't meant to use stuff like Oak giving your starter. One question though, when you mean default scripts, this includes stuff like the old man teaching you how to catch Pokemon, and Oak giving you a Pokemon, correct? :D

yes. basically every signpost and green script thingy in A-Map is removed and the scripts are replaced with FF.

Of course this is only with the patch the tool lets you pick and choose

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Slash

Years
  • yes. basically every signpost and green script thingy in A-Map is removed and the scripts are replaced with FF.

Of course this is only with the patch the tool lets you pick and choose

That's interesting, a smart way to rid of all the scripts if the ROM Hack being made is a whole new story, I'm very tempted to use the tool now. :D Thankyou for the advice! :D

Back