• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Breed'em All challenge

Years
Hi pokefans!

I just brought my new cartridge of pokemon Y so I was thinking of a new fresh way to play the game. I already played X and OR. So it's not new to me. But I really enjoyed the monotype-run bug challenge playing OR, so I decided to add a new twist to may playthrough of Y. It's not something really hard to do, but it's a new twist to the game. I am relatively new to pokemon so this should be fun. It involve heavy use of the breeding system. So let's go:

Requirements: First, it require that you have another cartridge of the game and the Pokebank installed.

Listing
Chose any type among the 15 types of pokemon. Make a list of all the pokemons of that type with all their evolutions. You can only chose Pure Types and Half Primary Types. For the purpose of this run Half Secondary Types are not considered part of the type so don't use them. Do not include Legendary or Mythic in that list either. If you want a more spicy challenge, chose a type with few pokemon. The only type not viable for this challenge is Flying. I chose Normal for my run. My list look like this:
From: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Normal_(type)

1. Rattata -> Raticate
2. Meowth -> Persian
3. Lickitung -> Lickilicky
4. Happiny -> Chansey -> Blissey
5. Kangaskhan -> Mega Kangaskhan
6. Tauros
7. Ditto
8. Porygon -> Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z
9. Munchlax -> Snorlax
10. Sentret -> Furret
11. Aipom -> Ambipom
12. Teddiursa -> Ursaring
13. Stantler
14. Smeargle
15. Miltank
16. Slakoth -> Vigoroth -> Slaking
17. Whismur -> Loudred -> Exploud
18. Skitty -> Delcatty
19. Spinda
20. Zangoose
21. Castform
22. Kecleon
23. Buneary -> Lopunny -> Mega Lopunny
24. Glameow -> Purugly
25. Lillipup -> Herdier -> Stoutland
26. Audino -> Mega Audino
27. Minccino -> Cinccino
28. Bouffalant
29. Furfrou
30. Igglybuff -> Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff
31. Doduo -> Dodrio
32. Hoothoot -> Noctowl
33. Pidove -> Tranquill -> Unfezant -> Mega Audino
34. Deerling -> Sawsbuck (Forms)
35. Rufflet -> Braviary
36. Meloetta (Forms)
37. Patrat -> Watchog
38. Spearow -> Fearow
39. Dunsparce
40. Zigzagoon -> Linoone
41. Bidoof -> Bibarel
42. Bunnelby -> Diggersby
43. Pidgey -> Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot -> Mega Pidgeot
44. Farfetch'd

Monotype-Run: For your run, you may only use pokemons which are part of that list.

Breeding:
Here's the twist, the absolute rule is that you must breed them yourself. Here's how you do it:
a) First you must catch it in the game your playing.
b) Transfer it to another game where you have access to the daycare center.
c) Breed it to make a new lvl. 1 pokemon. You may fine tune it any way you want, farm perfect IVs, get it's hidden ability from another pokemon, transfer breeding moves... The important thing is that the end process must be a lvl. 1 pokemon that you breed yourself. However you can't use any TMs, HMs and tutored moves from that game.
d) Personalize it, give your new baby a nickname.
e) Transfer back your new baby pokemon to your main game and he is good for use.
Gyms quotas: This rule is introduced to complete the pokedex in rules below. Divide the number of pokemons by 9 and roughly distribute it as quotas to attain at each gyms. Exemple, I have 44 normal pokemons. that would work like this for me:

Before Gym 1: 5 pokemons
Before Gym 2: 10 pokemons
Before Gym 3: 15 pokemons
Before Gym 4: 20 pokemons
Before Gym 5: 25 pokemons
Before Gym 6: 30 pokemons
Before Gym 7: 35 pokemons
Before Gym 8: 40 pokemons
Right after Gym 8: 44 pokemons

When you come at this point of the game, you have attained your quota of pokemon. Example for me before gym 1 gives me: Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Bunnelby, Pidgey, Farfetch'd. So I have my quota.

If you can't attain your quota: Sometimes, there's too few pokemon of that type in-game. If you can't attain your quota when you reach a gym, you may roll randomly on the list you have made, pick that pokemon, get it from another game, breed your lvl. 1 pokemon and import it. Or simply use trade or GTS trade, but you must still breed your pokemon afterward. You may reroll if you know you will get that pokemon later in-game. Make sure you meet the quotas as shown above.

National Pokedex: When you finally challenge the elite 4, you *Must* have all the forms of all the pokemons of your chosen type from your list in your Pokedex. This mean that you must take the time to evolve them all. If you can't evolve them all because of the unavailability of evolution items: Like Stones and Battle Maison items, only then you may export your pokemon into another game, evolve it, then re-export it.

Mega Evolutions: Also, when you finally challenge the elite 4, you *Must* have all the mega-evolution available for your chosen type.

--------------------

That's it, if you have any idea or input to add to this, please let me know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 5, 2016
Hi pokefans!

I just brought my new cartridge of pokemon Y so I was thinking of a new fresh way to play the game. I already played X and OR. So it's not new to me. But I really enjoyed the monotype-run bug challenge playing OR, so I decided to add a new twist to may playthrough of Y. It's not something really hard to do, but it's a new twist to the game. I am relatively new to pokemon so this should be fun. It involve heavy use of the breeding system. So let's go:

Requirements: First, it require that you have another cartridge of the game and the Pokebank installed.

Listing
Chose any type among the 15 types of pokemon. Make a list of all the pokemons of that type with all their evolutions. You can only chose Pure Types and Half Primary Types. For the purpose of this run Half Secondary Types are not considered part of the type so don't use them. Do not include Legendary or Mythic in that list either. If you want a more spicy challenge, chose a type with few pokemon. The only type not viable for this challenge is Flying. I chose Normal for my run. My list look like this:
From: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Normal_(type)

1. Rattata -> Raticate
2. Meowth -> Persian
3. Lickitung -> Lickilicky
4. Happiny -> Chansey -> Blissey
5. Kangaskhan -> Mega Kangaskhan
6. Tauros
7. Ditto
8. Porygon -> Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z
9. Munchlax -> Snorlax
10. Sentret -> Furret
11. Aipom -> Ambipom
12. Teddiursa -> Ursaring
13. Stantler
14. Smeargle
15. Miltank
16. Slakoth -> Vigoroth -> Slaking
17. Whismur -> Loudred -> Exploud
18. Skitty -> Delcatty
19. Spinda
20. Zangoose
21. Castform
22. Kecleon
23. Buneary -> Lopunny -> Mega Lopunny
24. Glameow -> Purugly
25. Lillipup -> Herdier -> Stoutland
26. Audino -> Mega Audino
27. Minccino -> Cinccino
28. Bouffalant
29. Furfrou
30. Igglybuff -> Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff
31. Doduo -> Dodrio
32. Hoothoot -> Noctowl
33. Pidove -> Tranquill -> Unfezant -> Mega Audino
34. Deerling -> Sawsbuck (Forms)
35. Rufflet -> Braviary
36. Meloetta (Forms)
37. Patrat -> Watchog
38. Spearow -> Fearow
39. Dunsparce
40. Zigzagoon -> Linoone
41. Bidoof -> Bibarel
42. Bunnelby -> Diggersby
43. Pidgey -> Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot -> Mega Pidgeot
44. Farfetch'd

Monotype-Run: For your run, you may only use pokemons which are part of that list.

Breeding:
Here's the twist, the absolute rule is that you must breed them yourself. Here's how you do it:
a) First you must catch it in the game your playing.
b) Transfer it to another game where you have access to the daycare center.
c) Breed it to make a new lvl. 1 pokemon. You may fine tune it any way you want, farm perfect IVs, get it's hidden ability from another pokemon, transfer breeding moves... The important thing is that the end process must be a lvl. 1 pokemon that you breed yourself. However you can't use any TMs, HMs and tutored moves from that game.
d) Personalize it, give your new baby a nickname.
e) Transfer back your new baby pokemon to your main game and he is good for use.
Gyms quotas: This rule is introduced to complete the pokedex in rules below. Divide the number of pokemons by 9 and roughly distribute it as quotas to attain at each gyms. Exemple, I have 44 normal pokemons. that would work like this for me:

Before Gym 1: 5 pokemons
Before Gym 2: 10 pokemons
Before Gym 3: 15 pokemons
Before Gym 4: 20 pokemons
Before Gym 5: 25 pokemons
Before Gym 6: 30 pokemons
Before Gym 7: 35 pokemons
Before Gym 8: 40 pokemons
Right after Gym 8: 44 pokemons

When you come at this point of the game, you have attained your quota of pokemon. Example for me before gym 1 gives me: Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Bunnelby, Pidgey, Farfetch'd. So I have my quota.

If you can't attain your quota: Sometimes, there's too few pokemon of that type in-game. If you can't attain your quota when you reach a gym, you may roll randomly on the list you have made, pick that pokemon, get it from another game, breed your lvl. 1 pokemon and import it. Or simply use trade or GTS trade, but you must still breed your pokemon afterward. You may reroll if you know you will get that pokemon later in-game. Make sure you meet the quotas as shown above.

National Pokedex: When you finally challenge the elite 4, you *Must* have all the forms of all the pokemons of your chosen type from your list in your Pokedex. This mean that you must take the time to evolve them all. If you can't evolve them all because of the unavailability of evolution items: Like Stones and Battle Maison items, only then you may export your pokemon into another game, evolve it, then re-export it.

Mega Evolutions: Also, when you finally challenge the elite 4, you *Must* have all the mega-evolution available for your chosen type.

--------------------

That's it, if you have any idea or input to add to this, please let me know.

That post really did take some time to make. Where can I download a cartridge of the Pokebank. I am new to the site and I am not sure which emulator or rom that would be and where to find it.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
@Lokiii, you're not supposed to ask for roms (either direct links or where to attain them). It's against the rules. 2nd: Pokebank is an application (not a game) that is only available on the 2DS/3DS. You must have an actual DS (original 3ds/3dsxl, 2ds, new 3ds/3dsxl, or new 2dsxl) and pay an annual fee of $5 in order to use it with your Pokemon games (works with games attained via e-shop or physical carts).

Back