• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Magikarp Patterns

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    With the invention of Magikarp Jump, patterned Magikarp were introduced. This feature has already been implemented in Gen II in Rangi's Polished Crystal, but we should take it a step further.

Would Magikarp patterns be possible in Gen 3? I think it might be possible if we hijack either the code for Unknown or if we hijack the code for Spinda (Unknown would probably be better, but who knows?), but what do you all think?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    DizzyEgg's Battle Engine Upgrade (used by Theta Emerald EX, I believe, among other hacks), supports forms for Rotom, Giratina, Shaymin, et cetera. It could probably be tweaked to add Magikarp forms too. And Ruby Renev is an 802+ hack with its own methods for expanding the Pok?dex; I wouldn't be surprised if it adds Magikarp forms soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    It would be great, I think a routine using a table with all possible forms would be better than the Unown's or Spinda's, then it could be used for other species too, like Basculin, Arbok, Mantyke* and Vivillon*.

(*Because I think Gen III will never support region/country based forms)

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
    Years
  • While I'm not sure how much this would help, I've seen a couple Japanese Moemon hacks where each Pokemon has a bunch of different variations of the sprites and palettes. I'm sure something like that could be used to make Magikarp patterns.

Back