• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misprint? Maybe?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    My son got a Dartrix (10/149 Sun and Moon), however, right out of the pack it looked as though the printer had run out of ink at the bottom of the card. I thought it might be damage, but it doesn't feel damaged, and when a light is shone on it, the spot in question reflects light like the rest of the card. This may have been asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find the thread if it was...
    Is this a misprint? And how does this effect card value? I attached a Picture...if that helps

Attachments

• Misprint? Maybe?
      20180106_142341.jpg
      1,002.5 KB · Views: 17
    Years
  • This looks like it got altered after it was printed correctly... it's too uneven for a printer error. I would check and see if the backs of any of the cards in that booster pack had any extra ink running along the bottom, in case the card damage happened while the card was in the pack.

It looks like damage that could normally have happened to the card, but it's just an uncommon and it would be fairly easy to find in more booster packs. I'm curious if the ink damage affected a rarer card in the pack though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    It was the only card in the pack like that, no damage or ink transfer. As I said, the damage is below whatever gloss/semigloss type finish is on the cards, as though there was a glitch but, thanks to automation it got glossed over anyway.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Looks like it got smudged before the ink was fully dry. Huh, neat find! Definitely not something that'll bring in any extra cash but a fun novelty nonetheless! I hope you keep it. :)

Back