• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Switchlocke!

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Hello! I recently thought up a challenge that I feel could be kind of cool.

So, take regular Nuzlocke rules. Get your first party of 6 Pokemon. Simple enough so far yes?

But the challenge starts now. For every encounter you catch from now on, you must role a number between 1 and 6 (with a dice or a number generator, whichever is more convenient). You must then replace the corresponding party member, with the newly caught Pokemon.

For a great example:

You catch a Spinda, so you role the dice. It lands on the number 2, and the corresponding Pokemon is a Gyarados. That Gyarados is now gone, and replaced with Spinda.

I feel this challenge could be quite challenging, since you won't get to have the entire influence on your team for certain gyms, and could be in rough situations where your only Pokemon with a type advantage gets replaced with something that gets creamed by the upcoming gym.

I am about to attempt this myself, so wish me luck!

Note: I tried looking myself and couldn't find anything, but if this is a challenge that already exists, please let me know!

Edit:
The rules are just the basic Nuzlocke rules (we all know them), but with the addition that any party members that have been replaced, are now considered dead and cannot be used any more. This is to limit your teams further, and add an extra level of difficulty.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Switchlocke Progress Report #1 - Roxanne

Spoiler:

Switchlocke Progress Report #2 - Brawly
Spoiler:

Switches so far:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I'll go ahead and give it a shot, seems interesting.

Name: Pluckles
Game: FireRed
Type: Solo, for now

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 4, 2021
i want to sign in
name:Lyra
Game:Pokemon SoulSilver Extreme Randomizer
Challenge: Switchlocke

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Finished with the run on firered.
At the end of it all, I went in with a team of 5, and after beating Green, I only had two members left, so I will just list them only.

Fodder lv56
Water Pulse/Confusion/Aerial Ace/ Fury Swipes

Kick Li lv55
Earthquake/High Jump Kick/Brick Break/Strength

And here's my graveyard

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Name: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Crystal

Gunna be starting asap with a randomly rolled starter
Naming theme will just be naming them in roman numerals so i can keep track

Attempt 1:
Spoiler:

I might retry with a different game, or just use Crystal again

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Going to give this another go at a second game.

Name: Pluckles
Game: Emerald
Type: Solo

Back