• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Make Side Quests

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
  • Have you ever wanted to add something to your Pokemon hack that no main series game (as of this date, 2013/11/3) has ever had before? Well, look no further than here! This tutorial will show you two different ways to make side quests in your Pokemon hack.

Materials
    *A ROM in which you are hacking
    *AdvanceMap (and a basic knowledge of how to use it)
    *PKSV-UI (I find this one easiest to use, but I'm sure this will work with other script editors as well)
    *Notepad (To copy and paste your script into, just in case something goes wrong and you need to recompile the script)
    *A basic knowledge of scripting (You will need to know how to make a Yes/No question script, how to make basic applymovement scripts, and you will also need to know what flags are and how to use them.)

With that said and done, let's start!

There are two ways in which one could make a side quest script. The first way works like this:
    Spoiler:

The second way works like this:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    I haven't had the opportunity to try this yet but I love the idea. It allows the implementation of extra game play utilizing what is already available. Simple yet elegant. You bet I'll be using it in my hack. Good job!

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • Hmm. This is the same to XSE right? If it is, then this would be helpful ^^

I've never used XSE before, but I imagine it would be extremely similar. From what I've seen, XSE is almost the same as PKSV-UI in terms of commands. If you are pretty familiar with XSE then it shouldn't be too hard to use with that program.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I've never used XSE before, but I imagine it would be extremely similar. From what I've seen, XSE is almost the same as PKSV-UI in terms of commands. If you are pretty familiar with XSE then it shouldn't be too hard to use with that program.

I actually re-typed your script to see if it works.
    So luckily I didn't made any mistakes so it works, but XSE much better. (My opinion)

Yukari

This is helpful, as Side Quests were something I've wanted to incorporate into my hack. Thanks!

Back