• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Resizing custom battler images?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    Hi, so i recently started working on my fangame, and yesterday added the elite battle system, which works fine. My only issue i'm having at the moment is my custom pokemon battler images are gigantic now. I tried resizing in multiple art programs which just made the image blurry and low quality. Does anyone know how to resize these without destroying the image quality? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    MS Paint's your best friend lmaooo, I used it so many times for sprites, just make sure that multiply or divide by a multiple of 2 when you resize, for example, if you got a 180×180 sprite that seems to big, make sure to resize to 90×90 and if it still looks to big, THEN you may consider go for something like 45×45 or use something on photoshops like no-halo or lo-halo when you resize, thundaga said it on one if his tutorials, I can't remember which sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
  • By default Essentials uses sprites that are 200% their original size, EBS upscales sprites for you so you don't have to use larger sprites than what you need. It is very likely that your issues comes from using upscaled sprites with a system that also upscales the sprites.
    Here is what you want to do:
    Download Paint.NET or Gimp, either will work and will allow you to save transparency on your image. For the rest of this explanation I will assume you are using Paint.NET but the instructions shouldn't be to much different from Gimp.
    Once you have the image editing program, load the sprite you wish to downscale (shrink).
    At the top click on "Image" then select "Resize".
    Make sure Resampling is set to "Nearest Neighbor"
    Select "By Percentage" and set the value to 50% then hit OK.
    If the sprite is to your liking then make sure to save your work.

I hope this helps!

Back