• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] PokemonCPP

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    What is PokemonCPP?
    PokemonCPP is an pokemon MMO you can play with your friends and family. We will try to make the games as accurate as possible to the original Fire Red / Leaf Green (And assets from RSE here and there).

We will offer you the three regions; Kanto Johto and Hoenn. Each region has its own unique Pokemon you can catch and train!

Why the name PokemonCPP?
    PokemonCPP is written in C++. Its pretty much a placeholder name as no other name has come up yet (Feel free to post suggestions).

What makes PokemonCPP unique?
    While there are plenty of other MMOs out there including text and web based, PokemonCPP will be striving to keep you active after beating all the gyms and Elite4's.

Besides the three regions you will also have the option to explore another, as of now, unnamed region. This region is procedurally generated. This world is infinite. With unique biomes, structures and dungeons for you to explore. Alone or with your friends!

What are the technical details?
    PokemonCPP is developed in a linux environment and is planned to be crossplatform for you to enjoy!

- C++14 language standard.
    - CMake 3.7.1
    - LibSFML 2.0 for graphics drawing and UI interaction.

Current Finished Features:
    - Map loading
    - Walking
    - Collision
    - NPC Animations

In progress:
    - Battling

Pictures:
    Spoiler:

Future Features:
    I have a whole list (Almost a book!) of ideas I want to implement. Ideas that I haven't seen before in any MMO Pokemon game so the contents of it are a bit secret ;)

Feel free to send me ideas of things to implement.

Back