• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do i become a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
  • Yep, dedication, activity, quality posts, complying with the rules, and such will help. Just give it time. Also, don't ask. Big no-no. o_o

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Unforutantely, it's very unlikely now because those who ask to be mods will never become one :\....so it says in the FAQ that people are supposed to read BEFORE they start a thread here.

Kylie-chan

Years
  • I know two people who asked who got modded eventually... [both are demodded]... but generally, it reduces your chances greatly. So does sucking-up. =P

[Note: The staff aren't stupid, contrary to popular opinion. o_O]

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • Asking to become a moderator is considered taboo on almost every forum out there (I learned this myself the hard way). People who ask to become a moderator are usually seen as somewhat power-hungry, and higher staff of the forums may be reluctant or even refuse to give you that power in the future, even if you satisfy their needs and pre-conditions to becoming a moderator.

Kylie-chan

Years
  • Exactly, because it's annoying, it demonstrates your hunger for power, as the poster above mentioned, and it also shows you haven't got a clue. x_x

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Yeah,I have been a mod before on other forums it isnt as easy as it lokks there is alot of work needed to be done to be a moderator with all the disscussions and decisions and what not.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • How exactly do people get DEmodded? o_o

Does inactivity count, or not exactly being nice to others or just not 'modding' enough? I've been curious about that....

[I never said the staff was stupid ._.]

Kylie-chan

Years
  • Yep... are you even sure you want to be a mod? >.< There's this idea it's just locking threads... sure, you have to lock threads as part of the job... but... it involves decision-making too >.<

I didn't say you did, Chibi. XD [Yes, you need to be nice to get modded. No one wants a mod that's going to be mean to the members. *hypocrite*] I meant that people who think sucking-up will work are wrong, because we do notice~

Oh, how to get demodded?
    1. Suck as a mod.
    2. Inactivity for a month, or no mod actions for a month.
    3. Quit.
    4. Get banned.
    etc.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Johnny-Chan: You don't. The fact that you made a thread asking how to become one signifies that your intelligence level is too low to deserve such a position. And no, I'm not bashing - one that doesn't understand the meaning of the status 'moderator' doesn't deserve such a status.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Tetsuya-san said:
    Please, Ty, control yourself in these things. o.o;
    Sorry if it came off harsh, but I was proving my point about why people shouldn't ask. o_o;

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Kylie-chan said:
    Don't lose hope, though~ you never know what happens. Heck, I got banned once. x_x;;;;;;;;;;
    ...I could elaborate on that, but I fear it would be encouraging in an undesired manner, so I'll shut up~

Kylie-chan

Years
  • It wasn't your fault; it was my fault, but yes, and that's not the point anyway. XD I'm trying to boost the morale of PC members~ ;-;

There's more to PC than modding, remember, people. <3

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • Kylie-chan said:
    It wasn't your fault; it was my fault, but yes, and that's not the point anyway. XD I'm trying to boost the morale of PC members~ ;-;

Yelp, and that's the people-to-people relationship and the community. ;)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Kylie-chan said:
    It wasn't your fault; it was my fault, but yes, and that's not the point anyway. XD I'm trying to boost the morale of PC members~ ;-;

It was something about me, not you. o_o;

Rayquaza-San: If you read the above posts, all that has been said already. I'd advise you to read the threads in their entirety before you post~

Kylie-chan

Years
  • Alrighty, there's obviously nothing left to be said, as Ty said... we're just repeating ourselves now, so no point replying to this. See the announcement regarding closed threads in this forum.

And don't reply, unless you have something new, non-pointless to add. o_O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back